Chapter 9

Shawn returned back to his boss, and she was not very happy.

"You failed to get him?" She said. "How?! How did you fail to capture that weakling?!"

Shawn sighed, and flopped onto his chair.

"There was a girl there." He said. "I tried to attack him, but she got in the way."

Earlia sat down.

"Why do you not do anything I tell you?" She said. "Were you just playing around?"

"No," Shawn said. "Guess what? I got some information out of him. He knows the guy, but not like family."

Earlia seemed interested.

"Tell me more." She said.

Shawn nodded. "Seems that someone told him about him." He said. "Don't know who though."

Earlia sighed.

"Well, we'll just have to look more." She said. "But keep an eye on him, okay?"

"Okay," Shawn said and smirked. "Hey, wanna-"

"No." She interrupted, already knowing what he was going to ask. "I'm going somewhere..don't do anything stupid while I'm gone."

Shawn waved goodbye to Earlia, and she left.

When she left, he immediately stood up, and went into his room.

His room didn't have much it is. There was a bed, a dresser, and posters of girls he found gorgeous. You may think he was a teenager, but he's actually in his 20s. (And, he's still single but this story isn't about romance.)

He sat on his bed, and opened of the dresser drawers.

"Relaxation time, since my boss isn't here."

He pulled out a comic book (it's a series he really enjoys) and laid down on his bed.

Meanwhile...

As Shawn was at the lair reading his book, Earlia was out searching for things to stock up at the lair. She put a jacket over herself so no one will recognize her.

They were very simple things that any person would need. Tissue, Paper plates, frozen foods since they both didn't know how to cook real food.

She picked up the last thing she needed, and started to head back home.

As she started to walk, she saw someone familiar.

It was Frostina. You might be thinking how does she even know her, well she remembers her because she has the white energy. (Earlia keeps up with the people who have the Energys)

She decided to avoid her. Not because she was scared of being seen, but because she didn't want anything to start. Like a fight.

She walked the other way. she accidentally bumped into someone and almost fell backwards.

But the person grabbed her arm before she could.

"Sorry about that." The person said. She looked up to a brown haired man. (And you're guessing correctly. It was John.)

She pulled her arm away from him, and continued to walk.

John scratched his chin wondering why she didn't say anything to him. He just decided to ignore it, and go back to Frostina.

"Hey! what were you doing over there?" Frostina asked. "Help me carry these things. You know I can't carry too much with this injured arm."

She shoved the stuff to John's chest, and he grabbed it before it could fall to the floor.