Chapter 24

John slowly opened his eyes, expecting to see the bright day shining on him. But instead, he saw darkness. Pitch, black, darkness. His eyes widened and he lifted himself up out of bed. It was so dark, he couldn't see the ground. He couldn't even see the things around him.

"..what the.." He said. "Did the lights go out or something?"

He tried to search for his phone in his bed so he could use the flashlight on it, but he couldn't find it anywhere. Because there was no bed.

John started to get more confused. Where was his phone? Where was his bed? And why was there complete darkness surrounding him?

John's heart almost jumped out of his chest when he heard footsteps approaching him. Then he saw two glowing white orbs in front of him. The orbs got closer and closer, and John's heartbeat got faster and faster.

"Johnnn.." said a creepy voice.

John gulped. "Who's there?" He said.

"Johnnn..." said the creepy voice again. "Johhnnn.. remember meeee..? Do you miss meeeee..?" John noticed the voice was getting louder and closer. And does John remember it? Who was this?

But John couldn't be worrying about all of that now, because all of a sudden it felt like he couldn't breathe. He grabbed his throat, and tried to take some breaths, but he couldn't. It felt like his throat was filling up with something. He started to cough, then it turned into violent coughing. Everytime he coughed, black substance sprayed on the floor.

"What the..." he said between coughs. "What's..happening?!" The black substance tasted bitter, and was burning his throat. He looked up to see the two glowing orbs right in front of his face.

"You don't remember meeeee...?" Said the voice, which was right in front of him. "John, you don't remember meeee..?"

John held his stinging, burning throat. His eyes started to water from it, and he shook his head.

"N-No.." he said. "I don't know you.." everytime he spoke, his throat burned in pain.

He felt hands grip his shoulders tightly.

"How dare you not remember meeee.." the voice said. "But don't worryyyy..."

The sharp nails on the hands dug into John's skin.

"🇾 🇴 🇺  🇼 🇮 🇱 🇱 
🇷 🇪 🇲 🇪 🇧 🇪 🇷  🇲 🇪 
🇴 🇳 🇨 🇪  🇾 🇴 🇺 
🇸 🇪 🇪  🇲 🇾  🇹 🇷 🇺 🇪 
🇮 🇩 🇪 🇳 🇹 🇮 🇹 🇾 ." The voice said deep, and creepily.

Suddenly, John heard a loud piercing noise that made his ears ache.

He held his aching ears, and clenched his teeth in pain.

"Johnn...Johnnn.." said a slightly different voice.

John's ears ached.

"John..Johnnn.."

His throat started to burn more.

"Johnn..! Johnnn!" The voice was now slightly yelling.

It felt like he was suffocating.

"John! John!"

Black substance poured out of his eyes, mouth, and ears.

"JOHN!! JOHN!!"

Then, it was all darkness.

John's eyes flew open, and the first thing he saw was Frostina staring right at him.

"Oh, thank gosh!" She said. "You're awake!"

John slowly lifted himself up.
He rubbed his eyes, and his throat which wasn't burning anymore. And guess what? There was no more darkness either. He then realized that it must have been a crazy dream.

Frostina was frowning, and she was holding John's hand tightly.

"You were having a bad dream.." She said. "It looked like you were in pain! Don't do that again. I thought you were dying."

John turned to her and smiled, even though he was still worried about the bad dream he had.

"I'm fine.." he said. "It was a very strange dream.. I thought it was sort of real at first."

He thought that would make her feel better, but she was still frowning.

"Well.. what happened in the dream?" She asked.

John looked down.

"Well, first it was just pitch black all around me." He said. "Then a voice started asking do I remember it, which I don't. My throat and ears started to hurt, and I woke up."

John looked at her.

"Well, you woke me up." He said. "Thanks for that by the way."

John got up out of bed, and stretched his arms.

"Well, I'm going to go work out." He said. "Alexander gave me a punching bag, isn't that good?"

Frostina smiled, and nodded.

"Okay, have a good time!" She said. "I'm going to go do something else, see you later!"

When Frostina walked out, John began to change his clothes for the day. He wore black pants, and a simple white tank top.

He walked outside towards the area he always went to work out, and started to punch the punching bag that was hanging on a tree. After doing that several times, he moved onto the next thing. (which was lifting up weights, but these were heavier ones).

He did that for minutes, then wiped the sweat off his forehead.

"Few more things.." he said, and laid on the grass. He started to do 100 push ups, and 100 sit ups.

Finally, he was done, and he was a sweaty mess.

"And this heat isn't making it any better.." he said as sweat rolled down his face.

He remembered Frostina said that she was going to do something else, so she was out in this heat. John hoped that she was okay, and she was protecting herself from the sun with a hat or umbrella.

John wished she was here so she could cool him down with some ice, but maybe he could find something cold and refreshing in Energvillia.

Let's actually get to Frostina. She was by the trees, in the shade, practicing new things with her ice powers. She was morphing different types of weapons with her ice.

Swords, knifes, all types of sharp weapons. You may be wondering how did she manage to walk through the heat to the trees. Well, she didn't wear a long sleeved shirt, or tights under her skirt. And she also had a hat on her head that protected her from the sun. (And if she starts to get hot, she can cool herself with her ice.)

"This is a pretty cool sword." She said. "No pun intended."

Frostina had to stop practicing her powers, because she didn't want to become tired. She sat against a tree, and rubbed her face with her cold hands.

"I wonder what John is doing.." she said, looking down at the grass. "Why am I thinking of him right now? I should probably get back to.."

She stopped talking when she saw a shadow move in the trees.

"Someone there?.." Frostina said, and she stood up. "I know I saw something in the trees-"

"Oh, you did." Said a voice. Frostina did not recognize the voice, so she started to get a little anxious.

But when the shadow she saw started to walk out of the trees, Frostina's eyes widened when she realized who it was.

It was Earlia.

"I saw you trying out new things with your powers." Earlia said, smiling. "Let's see if it'll help you survive what I'm about to do to you."