Chapter 39

At the lair..

When Shawn woke up, he expected his boss to be complaining how late he slept, but he didn't hear her. He didn't hear anything.

He got up out of his bed, and walked out of his room.

"Maybe she went somewhere." He said. "But where would she go? She doesn't even like to go out."

Shawn shrugged, and started to not think much of it. It wasn't that serious, right?

He opened the refrigerator door, and looked through it.

"Apples? Nope. Yogurt? Nope. Bacon? Nah.." he said.

He looked at the top of the refrigerator.

"Frosted flakes? Heck yeah."

He grabbed the box of Frosted flakes, grabbed a bowl, and dumped some of it in.

"Oh, I just realized there's no milk.." he said. "I'm not going to enjoy this as much as I enjoy it with milk."

He ate some frosted flakes with his fingers, and walked back to his room.

"I'll just get dressed." He said. He searched through his closet, and decided to wear a plain black shirt, and simple jeans.

Next, he decided to do something sneaky. He wanted to look at Earlia's room. Of course he wouldn't look through her journals. He respects her privacy.

He stepped into her room, and looked around.

"It's gotten a lot less plain the last time I was in here." He said. "Huh, did she draw this?" He picked up the drawing that was hanging on the wall.

The drawing was strange. It was painted pitch black with two white dots in the middle.

He put the drawing in the same spot it was before, and turned towards her bed.

That's when he noticed that there was a piece of paper on her bed.

He picked up the piece of paper, as his eyes slowly widened while reading it.

To Shawn,

I hope you don't mind that I have taken your boss for some experiments. Oh, what am I saying? I know you do mind. But what can you do about it? You have no idea where I stay, and you're too weak to get her back. Right now, she is trying to stay strong, but I can tell she is terrified. I bet she's having flashbacks. Poor little thing. You want to know what type of experiments I'm going to do on her? Not the kind that'll mess her brain up and make her go crazy, but the kind that'll hurt. I haven't even said my name, yet I bet you already know who I am. Shawn, If you REALLY want your boss back and think you're strong enough to get her, try your best..

The paper fell out of Shawn's hands, and he began to shake.

"This is actually happening right now.." he said. "He took her. Disaster actually took her."

He ran out of her room, and slammed opened the lair's doors.

He ran on the dirt pathway to EnergVillia, trying to keep himself calm.

"There's probably one person who can help me right now." He said. "I don't really want to ask them, but I have no choice.