Chapter 16

Earlia was at the lair, and she was starting wonder what was taking Shawn so long to come home.

But she didn't have to wonder anymore, because he had swung open the doors and came walking inside.

"There were uh, issues." Shawn said. "It seems that John has really changed since the last time we've met."

"And he landed a few hits on you too." Earlia said, eyeing the wounds on his face.

Shawn smiled.

"It's fine. Just a punch to the face, and the stomach." He said. "You getting worried about me?"

"No." Earlia said. "Don't think of it like that."

Shawn stretched his arms, which made his shirt slightly lift up. Which revealed a large red mark on his stomach.

"Oh and this," Shawn said pulling his shirt back down. "The darn guy punched me in the stomach too."

Earlia sighed.

"Did you manage to get hits on him?" She asked.

"Of course I did." Shawn said. "Others were there. That blue haired man. I was fighting him for the longest time. Seems the dude didn't know when to give up."

Shawn sat down on his chair.

"The little white haired woman was there too. She had to come in and try to save John, but got herself seriously hurt." He said. "Maybe I should have went a little easier on her?"

Earlia didn't say anything. She wasn't looking at him. She didn't even want to look at him. Because she was thinking about something.

"When are you going to meet him? Y'know, John." Shawn said. "But are you too scared to face him?"

Earlia slammed her fists on the table.

"Give me one reason. GIVE ME ONE REASON ON HOW I WOULD BE TOO SCARED TO FACE HIM?" she said angrily. "Are you really that stupid?"

Shawn gulped. "Sorry." He said. "I shouldn't have said that."

She Inhaled, trying to relax herself.

"I don't want you to know this.. I really don't but," she said. "I can sort of feel that something is wrong"

Shawn lifted an eyebrow.

"And what's wrong?" He said.

"The feeling of being watched is starting to take over me." Earlia said. "I don't know why, so don't ask me."

Shawn frowned.

"Are you feeling anxious?" He said. "Or paranoid?"

Earlia slowly shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know." She said. "But don't you dare start worrying about me."

Shawn smiled.

"You don't need to hide your feelings from me. I'm your assistant, right? Aren't assistants supposed to help?" He said. "If you're ever feeling scared about.. him.."

Shawn could tell that she was starting to get angry again, so he decided to change the subject.

"Have you been training, Earlia?" He said. "Because wow, your arms look more muscular than usual."

She grabbed her arms and hid them. "Why do you want to know?" She said. "But yes, I have been."

Shawn smirked and stood up.

"Since you've been training, I'll let you test out your strength on me." He said. "Like, your powers and all."

Earlia removed her hands from her arms and stood up.

"Ok, but If you start coughing up blood, don't complain." She said. "let's go in the backyard and do it."

Shawn nodded, and they both went outside in the backyard.

And as that was happening, John was with Robbie and Alexander rushing Frostina to a doctor.

"Are we almost there? This is taking a little too long." John said, carrying Frostina on his back.

Robbie nodded, and pointed into the distance. "The doctor's clinic is right up there. We're lucky it's not that far."

John sighed in relief.

"Okay, let's go."

The clinic started to appear, and they ran up to its doors.

Alexander banged on the door, and immediately someone opened it.

It was a man, and he was the doctor. "Hello, how may I-"

"WE'VE GOT AN EMERGENCY!!!" Alexander yelled, interrupting. "We've got a woman with a chest injury!"

The man's eyes widened.

"What?! Bring her in right away!!" He shouted, and held the door open for them.

Alexander and Robbie ran inside. So did John with Frostina.

"Doctor uh..." John said. "What's your name?"

"Anthony." The man answered. "Doctor Anthony. Lay her on the bed. I have to look at her quickly."

John looked at a hospital bed beside him and laid Frostina down on it.

Doctor Anthony looked at her, and bit his lip.

"My gosh. How did this happen?" He asked, taking a closer look at Frostina's wound. "I see burn marks around it too. What did this woman go through?"

John frowned.

"Someone she was fighting." He said. "Do you think you can.. save her..?"

Doctor Anthony didn't say anything.

"I can do the best i can." He said. "But you guys have to leave. I need this room to be empty so I can really concentrate."

John and the other two boys nodded.

"Here is my number." Doctor Anthony said, and handed a piece of paper to John. "I'll call you when I'm ready. Go home, and get some rest."

John looked at the paper, and turned to Alexander and Robbie.

"Let's go home." John said. "I really need to go check on my little brother. He's been home alone long enough."

So Alexander and Robbie said goodbye to John, and John started to run back home. He hoped that Doctor Anthony would be able to save Frostina. Part of him was positive, but the other side was negative. He saw what happened to her right in front of his eyes. A chain going right through her chest. Would Doctor Anthony be able to save her?

Finally, he arrived back home. He was tired, and missing his little brother.

The door was locked, but Frostina had gave him a key, so he unlocked it and walked inside.

He saw his little brother sleeping on the couch. John walked up to the couch and looked at his brother who was in deep sleep.

"I'm sorry I've been gone for so long.." John said, rubbing his brother's head. He picked his brother up and laid him in his bed. John sat on his bed, and pulled out his phone. His phone would've been dead, but Frostina had given him a charger. He didn't know if Frostina had the same phone as him or if she got this charger from somewhere else.

He laid down on his bed and sighed. He couldn't stop thinking about Frostina. He couldn't think about losing her. John had just met her, and he was already starting to develop feelings towards her.

John had never had a girlfriend in his entire life. He had met some girls in his life. But they weren't interested in him. With Frostina, everytime she came his way he felt his heart speed up and sweat start to form on his face.

Everything about her was so amazing. Her hair, her smile, the way she smiled. And she was the one who helped him figure out his power.

He decided that getting all negative about her getting better was not going to help anything. He just needed to get some rest, and wait until tomorrow.