5

2 weeks later:

Dre: (walking up to Santana) yo Santana, you moved that work ?

Santana: yeah, was just bout to come bring you the paper, all of it been sold

Dre: smirks) I like you, you better than these Houston niggas. This how y'all move in Detroit ?

Santana: that's how I move, you ain't gone find another Nigga sellin like me. Detroit couldn't keep up (handing him the bag)it's all there

Dre: looks in the bag) ight, follow me to the spot so I can give you yo cut

Santana: ight

Santana pov: I like it out here in Houston. The work is much better down here. I been pushing so much weight it's crazy. I only been out here like 3 weeks and already racking up them stacks. Taking over all these blocks one at a time. I work under this king pin named Dre. Niggas fear him out here, he's so notorious and done a lot of bad shit that I've heard. He cool though and he took me under his wing wit no problem being that he cool wit my uncle. I went back to the trap house and got my money and then stopped to picked up some McDonald's so I could head to Raven house to get my hair done. We been texting a lot since the block party and she really cool as fuck. It's cool have a girl friend that ain't tryna fuck you and make moves. We just be vibing. I went back to my cousin house and stashed my money in my room and then drove to Raven crib.

(The door bell rings)

Raven: goes and opens the main door) hey Santana

Santana: wassup ma, I got the food too

Raven: ooh thank you, how much I owe you? ( shutting the door behind him)

Santana: don't worry about it

Raven: Santana I gotta pay you back

Santana: no you don't (sits it on the table) you good

Raven: well thank you and I told your big head ass to take your hair down (starts laughing)

Santana: (laughs) I'm sorry I got caught up in some business

Raven: you lucky you my only client today

Santana: a few extra hours won't kill you(smirks)

Raven: if you just wanted to be over here all day just say that (laughs) how was your day tho?

Santana: it was smooth (sitting down) I moved some work and then went to get my car fixed cause my breaks went out, and my mama called me surprisingly

Raven: really? Did you answer? I know you said y'all ain't talked in a while

Santana: yeah I answered, she was on bullshit at first

Raven: what happened ?(sitting down and eating)

Santana: she was bitching, talking bout some "oh you can't call ya mama and you moved to Houston to sell drugs you ain't gone don't nothing better with your life" but then turn around and say she miss me and stuff like that.

Raven: damn but I mean I get it a little bit. Y'all fell out before you left and she's probably just hurting because you were her only son and you left. She really does miss you I'm sure. How you feel about her?

Santana: I miss her too I was a mama's boy no lie but the way she started dogging me out when I got in trouble in school and shit fucked me up. I don't know how to really feel. She don't give me enough praise for the good shit I do but when it comes to my sister she kisses her ass for sure and my sister was a whole crackhead when I was younger now she's a lawyer. But all the times I did good I didn't even get a congratulations. That shit hurts Ray.

Raven: well what have you done that you feel she should've praised you for ?

Santana: even though I was bad, I wasn't no dumb nigga. Once I got my shit together I went back to school and got my high school diploma and went to community college got my associates degree in business administration and then went just graduated 2 months before I moved down here with my masters in marketing and business administration and she didn't even come to my graduation. She didn't even care

Raven pov: Santana is not some mean thug like everyone tries to make him seem. He's sweet, at least to me and y'all see he's smart asf if he has 2 degrees. Yeah he sells drugs but you gotta make money the best way you can. His eyes were getting teary and I could tell he really wanted to break down and cry. He probably spent majority of his time tryna hold his emotions in when he was younger just so he could survive in the streets. It made me so sad seeing him like this. So I got up and went around to his side of the table and stood in front of him. I knew he just needed a hug.

Raven: can I give you a hug? I know you need one

Santana: nods ) yeah

Raven:( hugs him tightly) let me be the first to say congratulations and I'm so proud of your accomplishments. You did so good

Santana pov: man I'm hard but I still get emotional time to time, but when Raven hugged me and said she was proud of me I broke down for real. She barely even know me and she showing me more affection than my own mama. It made me feel good hearing that though.

Raven: pulls away ) now stop crying please cause imma get emotional as fuck and I just got my lashes done (laughs and starts fanning her eyes)

Santana:(laughs a little and wipes his face wit a paper towel) I'm sorry you had to see me like that

Raven: you ain't gotta apologize Tana. You're human. You needed to let all that out. Plus it shows me that you're opening up more with me letting me see that side.