Bad Timing

It was about time for me to patroll and I went on in a full sprint from rooftop to rooftop until I could hear a small arguing. Thankfully it wasn't something big and I didn't had to interfere at all but something was bothering me about them. So I decided to follow these 2 shaddy guys. My gut told me something was up with them and my gut feelings where never wrong.

Something about them seems off....

I never saw them here before too...

I should follow them!

Yeah!

Guy 1: Do you have everything?

Guy 2: Of coures I do. I am not an idiot!

Guy 1: Yes you literally are.

Guy 2: That is soo mean and you know that.

Guy 1: So what? It's not as if that isn't the trutch you moron.

Guy 2: Stooop. I got everything we need for the coupe.

Guy 1: Good. We are planning this for a good while now after all.

Plan?

What plan?

What are you about to do to my silent neighborhood?

We can't have you wrecking chaos!

Still what are you planning?

As I was standing there and listening to them from the shadow, I suddenly felt a presence near me and immediately jumped away. My own senses and my instincts warned about something and so I just jumped to the edge exposing myself basically to the guys down below if they would look up and care for their surroundings.

It was only now that I could see who attacked me and it was no other than Eraserhead. My problem with that was that this wasn't his patroll route at all. This was mine and normally there wasn't any hero at all.

Why the heck are you here?

This isn't even the part of the city you patrol nor should be at this hour!

You patroll the district right next to this one!

Why the hell are you here?

The heck you doing?!

Stop approaching me as if I was a bird!

I am still a vigilante!

Not a thief or a villain!

I had to put a side note on these villains to keep them in mind and look for them right after I would lose this hero and so without even thinking twice, I started running from roof to roof. There was no way I could have him following me all night long. All the while he was only following me. I could feel him and his quirk. The thing was however that I was quirkless. I could feel his starung and a bit of his quirk but it felt more threatening to me than anything else. I did hear that people should feel a pull when their quirk was kinda canceled but I didn't feel anything just his eyes which were threatening for some reasons.

Come on!

Just leave me be!

Run somewhere else!

I have something to do!

Don't make my job harder than it has to be.

Don't make it be useless.... It's the only use I have in life!

Now Sho-SHO!

Let me do the one thing I can do and that is holding me back from my demons and the darkness within me!

Just let me do this!

Please!

The moment I thought I was at a good distance I stopped and faced him. Thankfully I had a voice changer so I could talk to him without him knowing it was me and thanks to my costume making out my figure was very hard in the darkness too.

Me: I know you are there! I am Parallax and I am not about to do be caught that easily. This district needs me.

I felt him hiding away from me but not walking straight to me or making any move to make his presence clear. He was definitelly only listening and not moving at all.

Really?

Come on...

Say something!

Me: Seriously Eraserhead there is no need for you to hide any longer!

Again, nothing but this time I could hear some light footing which meant that he was making himself ready for an attack and the moment he stepped out of his hiding spot with a hand to his scarf I was already jumping to the side. I was quick when it come to terms with reflexes. I had to be quick after all. My experience told me so.

Me: Wow, there.... I am not a danger to the society. I am trying to help... (whispering) I am trying to do the only thing I can do...

I caught his scarf and junked him towards me before using the scarf and jump of the roof which made him completely fall to the ground and I was also dragging him across the roof for a while. Served him right for interrupting me. I had to do this quickly. I had to lose him quickly. Who knows what these 2 shaddy people where about to do!

Unfortunately for me, I just broke through someone's window. As if that wasn't enough the person was looking straight at me with some popcorn in their hands. I could hear the screams coming from the TV too.

Wow...

What a bad timing!

Watching a horror movie in the dark and then someone basically just coming in through the window and shattering it too...

What a jump scare!

???: AAAAAAHHHH!!!

I could see the person throw the popcorn into the air before falling to the ground because they somehow managed to flip the couch because of the way the jumped on it.

Uffff!!!

This must have hurt!

Me: Sorry!

Just like that I ran out of the apartment and instead of running out I searched for a staircase and made my way to the first floor.

I wonder if he is still on the roof or going after me?

The moment I asked myself the question, I could basically sense him again. My guts were warning me again about someone closing up. I had this bad feeling and that could only mean he was still after me.

Well not with me!

Looks like he is still after me!

It's now or never!

After I made sure he was in the building, I went ahead and broke the first-floor window after jumping through it and rolling on the ground before using the next sewage system hatch to disappear into the darkness.

It was not soon after I closed the hatch that I could hear him walking above me.

Eraserhead: Shit.... *sigh* I am getting old....

This was way too close!

After that I made my way underground back to where I saw these two villains. I knew something was about to happen and I couldn't help but want to try and prevent it. I still had a bad feeling about all this.