Quirkless is a thing

I was really expecting more but all I got was him ruffeling my hair. The moment I saw his hand reaching out to me, I couldn't help it but tense up and close my eyes. It was a natural defense reaction which I could tell didn't please him at all.

Eraserhead: I am not about to hit you kid. Relax.

Me: Huh?

It was just too surprising and weird and I could tell that this expression was written all over my face which made him only pull me into a hug. Now this was more than unexpected.

The hug was short but I was personally so touch deprived that it felt good. The warm and the feelings he put in it was clear. He felt sympathy with me and for the first time in what feels like forever I was at a loss. I did know egat to do at all and so I just stood there for a couple of seconds. After that I shakely returned the hug he gave me and leaned into him.

Eraserhead: Problem child, your analysing skill is great. You are a great child.

I knew he wanted to just make me feel better but his words still worked. No one ever complimented me on anything. All I always got was scream.

Me: Th-thank you.

It was only now that he let go of me and ruffeled my hair again before walking to the tcouch where I was laying on. There was a small table with sandwiches prepared on it and drinks too.

Eraserhead: Help yourself problem child.

Me: No tha-

Really no?

Did you just had to growl?

What's wrong with you?

I just woke up, you shouldn't be hungry....

When was the last time I even ate at all?

I couldn't remember when I ate something the last time which was not completely hard and dried bread. Of course I would get some fruits and edible veggies from time to time but this was a real snack and food.

Just seeing it in front of me made me drowl a bit.

It really looks nice...

Maybe I can get a bite or two...

It looks soo fresh too!

Eraserhead: What was that?

Me: Nothing.

Eraserhead: Problem child... Take one if you are hungry.

Me: Thanks.

While I went right to the couch to sit back down he was actually already sitting on the floor leaning against the couch. I knew he did that to give me some space and it felt good. No one ever done this much for me. I had a lot of first times recently.

Taking a sandwich I startes snacking on it while this hero decided to get our talk from before going on more.

Eraserhead: So you are quirkless?

Me: Mh.

Let's just say I was too hungry to react to anything seriously. This sandwitch was really good and I tried to savior each and every bite I had in my mouth. Who knows when the next meal would be. Besides that I should earn it myself and not cheat like this.

Eraserhead: Call me Aizawa or Shota or Zawa if you want.

Me: I am Izuku but people call me Deku.

Eraserhead: *Sigh* Deku... Why is that?

Me: Because I am useless and just a waste of space.

It was how these words came out of my mouth smoothly that the hero looked around and looked at me while I was focusing on the sandwich. It wasn't as if I just sayed a lie or anything. It's what I've been hearing since I was little. It had to be true after all.

Eraserhead: No problem child you are not.

Me: Mh?

Eraserhead: You are not useless nor a waste of space.

Me: No, I am.

Eraserhead: Why do you think like this?

Me: People

Eraserhead: People...

Me: Mh! Since I was little everyone told me that.

Eraserhead: Problem child listen to me. What you've been told is discrimination and isn't right at all.

Me: How can you discriminate when I don't even have a quirk?

Eraserhead: *Sigh* I can't believe no one ever told you problem child.

Me: Should they?

Eraserhead: Yes. Now tell me what they said to you.

Me: Waste of space, useless, bastard, a bitches son, abomination of nature...

I started counting down all the insults thrown at me which I started to accept over all these past years. There was just nothing I knew would help me out from it and there had to be a reason they called me like this after all.

Eraserhead: *Sigh* Problem child...

Me: Hm?

Eraserhead: You are none of it.

Me: What you mean?

Eraserhead: I mean that you are a lovable child who also has a bright mind is very considerate towards others.

The moment I heard that, my eyes went wide. It's been so long I was waiting for someone to tell me that and never in my entire world would I have thought that he would be the one doing so.

It shocked me too much but it was useless now. I've given up on myself for soo long now that I didn't even believe in these words anymore.

Me: Liar.

I could tell that my reaction surprise him a lot since his eyes went wide for a moment before looking at me through nearly closed eyes.

Me: Anyways... Thanks for all this and letting me crash over but I should get going now.

Eraserhead: Problem child, my door is always open for you.

Me: Ahm thanks....

Eraserhead: Take my card with you in case you need me.

He offered me his card and I took it out of being considered and polite. It goes without saying that I didn't had any thought on calling this hero for help at all.

Still after I finished my one half of a sandwich I felt full and stood up gulping down the water before bowing to him. Thankfully this guy didn't do anything to stop me while I went out of his house.

Tho I could catch him whisper to himself.

Eraserhead(Whispering) : I'll get you out of there... Just wait and be strong problem child.

Little did I know what he meant at all until later. I knew whatever it was, was bad since I had no where to go and it was obvious he meant my home.

So all I did was leave with a "I am fine with my situation right now, thanks for worrying" And left.