CHAPTER 44

CHRISTIANOS POV

I dont know whats wrong with me. I just cant keep away from her.

Currently, im in my car outside of Zara's building. We were supposed to go to the club but i somehow ended up here, wanting to see her.

I dont have an excuse for why im here but i am and i want to go see her. I know shes home because her car is here.

I decide to just go up to her apartment instead of calling. Maybe we can go out to get dessert. Its pretty late so she probably already ate.

The elevator arrives to her floor and i get out, walking to her door. As i near it, i hear heart wrenching wails and sobs.

Cries so full of pain they tug at my chest and my fists clench. Is that my Zara? Who the fuck made her cry like that. Ill kill the bastard personally.

The crying continues and i cant stand the thought of her being alone while she cries in such pain. I knock on the door but i don't think she heard, she's still hysterically crying.

I remember her telling me she has a key on top of the lamp by her door. I reach up and surely, i find a key. I quickly unlock the door and close it behind me, walking in to see her on the floor, on her knees, crying with such intensity.

I rush to her side, scooping her into my arms and holding her on my lap. Her tear stricken, confused face look at me.

"W-what, what are y-you d-doing?" she hiccups.

"Holding you through your pain so youre not alone." i say into her hair. She's shaking in my arms making me squeeze her little self.

"b-ut i i i am alone C-chris i am" she sobs into me and i shake my head.

"You have me babygirl. You will always have me" i tell her, kissing her hair trying to soothe her. Fuck why is she crying. "Baby please stop crying, i hate seeing you cry" i say, not recognising my own voice. Its soft, sad? I dont know.

"Im sorry, i-im s-so sorry" she cries louder. I shake my head and hold her tighter.

~

Its a a little later. I carried her the couch and sat down with her. She now just laying on me, eyes open, little hiccups leaving her.

Shes wearing light yellow shorts and a matching top. Her stomach is visible looking adorable. But im having a hard time ignoring the tops of her breasts that are peaking out in her position. Fucking stop perv.

"Baby?" i ask her softly

"Baby?" i ask her softly. She looks up from her position on my chest. So adorable. "Are you okay now?" i ask her. She nods her head and keeps staring at me.

She leans up to my lips and kisses me. I kiss her back a little, surprised. I pull away and look at her with furrowed eyebrows.

"What are you doing" i ask her with narrowed eyes. Thats unlike her.

"You dont wanna have sex with me?" she asks now sitting up on her knees beside me. My eyes widen to the max.

"Baby..." i dont fucking know what to say. Ofcourse i want to but i know she doesnt actually, its her vulnerability.

"Great, the one thing and im not even good at that" she rolls her eyes. I shake my head.

"Zara why are you being like this? Baby you don't wanna have sex, we both know that. Tell me whats wrong my love" I ask her. She scoffs.

"Stop calling me these names, dont make me accustomed to your fluctuating affection" she shakes her head. What the fuck.

"Zara" i say making her sigh.

"Im sorry. Im sorry its just alot for me" she sighs, sitting farther away from me on the couch.

"Dont apologise" i husk. "For the record, i always want to fuck you" i say making her look at me with wide eyes.

"Stop! Oh my god, im so embarrassing" she covers her face making me chuckle.

"Do you want to talk about whats wrong?" i ask her. She looks at me with conflicted eyes. She looks worried.

"I dont think I should at this point in time. I will, when the time is right." she says seriously. I nod. Im a controlling bastard so its hard for me to not know exactly whats going on.

When I got my background checks run on her, i found out that her parents died when she was 17. In a car accident. She lived with her moms brother after that. Which she said was an unpleasant experience.

If i wanted i could easily find out exactly whats going on with her, but i want to give her her space. I respect what she wants.

"What are you thinking?" she asks in a small voice making me look at her and shake my head. She looks younger without makeup. Cute. Kinda innocent even.

"Nothing, you look beautiful without makeup" i tell her and she blushes.

"Really? Well thats a first" she mumbles. I hum.

"Have you eaten?" i ask her. She looks at me.

"No" she says. "Have you?" she asks and i shake my head. "I was planning on cooking, would you care to join?" she asks.

"Fuck yes you make good food" i say and she laughs.

"Yepp im so wifey" she says standing up and swaying her little ass to the kitchen making me chuckle. Fuck yes you are baby. Little tease.