CHAPTER 39

We got back to the office and i went straight to mine. Im pretty conflicted on the whole 'casual, nothing special' thing. I mean, i dont mind one time sex. I did it a few times actually. But then what is with the names and the possessiveness and just the general affection, you know? Its confusing.

I shake my head. I dont want to bring it up and seem clingy, so i wont. But i also wont be engaging in any more of the lovey stuff. I cant afford to have a broken heart. I have once and it was because i was young, nothing else so i wont let it happen again.

Im almost done for the day, its nearly 6 and i was off an hour ago but id rather finish this now instead of having it on top of tomorrows workload.

I finish off the editing of the email i wrote, then before i send the final draft to everyone in the office, its an announcement, i wanted to check with my boss. Which i am dreading.

I knock on his door then walk in when he asks.

"Zara?" he questions. "I thought you left" he tells me. I shrug.

"Can you pull up my last email, I just want you to go through it once before i send it out, i know its supposed to be longer, like your old assistants format, but frankly that format sucks and is boring and this one is short and gets the point across which, thats really the point" i finish off. That was alot. I spoke alot.

Christiano is just looking at me with questioning eyes. He looks it over and nods.

"This is fine" he says i nod. "Is something wrong?" he asks before i can turn. I furrow my eyebrows.

"No? Why would something be wrong?" i ask him. He stands up and walks towards me. I look up at him.

"Comeon mia cara" he husks leaning closer.

"Nothings wrong" i say affirmatively. "I just dont want our thing, to come in the way of work, why should we ruin our work relationship over just sex?" i ask him. He looks surprised. "Plus your families involved here too, and i care about them, we can hook up with other people, but i wont have any other family like people" i say.

This was completely true. I didn't want to ruin my relationship with the familia just cuz me and Chris became complicated, i think its pretty under control right now.

"Zara," he sighs. "Whats wrong all of a sudden"

"Nothing, Ive been thinking and i think its best if we just, dont do this, atleast not now, it would complicate things" i look at him seriously. He huffs angrily and looks into my eyes.

"Fine" be grunts, walking back to his chair. Okay then.

"Im gonna go home now" i tell him and he nods and i leave.

~

It has been two days since I last saw Christiano. He hasnt been coming to work, not since the whole coversation we had.

Its friday morning and im sitting at my desk. My work load has been crazy not to mention the two, very important, meetings i have had to cancel and bear the heat from one of the companies employee.

I would've yelled back but i didnt wanna ruin my bosses image.

I sigh and run a hand through my hair.

Aria told me Chris has been going out and drinking, probably having sex but she didnt say that. I feel bad that hes this upset. I mean not gonna lie, im pretty fuckin depressed too.

To make myself less depressed, im wearing a pink dress today. Bright colours and all. Im also wearing my new, baby pink steve madden shoes that i got at macys and were a freakin steal.

 Im also wearing my new, baby pink steve madden shoes that i got at macys and were a freakin steal

I hear my office door open and my head shoots up.

There he is. Standing in an all black, probably Armani suit, a smirk on his face.

"You look hot" he husks. I scowl.

"Really?" i ask. He shrugs. "Really after disappearing for two fuckin days, i look hot? thats all you have to say to me?" i fume.

"What its not like you wanted me here now did you cara?" he husks.

"Ofcourse I wanted you here!" I exclaim. "You know how much stress ive had, the amount of work ive had to do, lying to your slutty employees in the office" I ramble as he watches with amusement evident on his face. "Ive had to cancel such important freaking meetings, i thought this place would fall apart, i DONOT get payed enough to do this. I had a whole ass man scream at me for god knows how long" i sigh exasperatedly. I see his eyes darken.

"Who the fuck screamed at you?" he asks darkly. I breath out.

Maybe im overreacting but I dont like being left alone. Id say i have pretty serious abandonment issues. I hate feeling like someone was there for me and i relied on them alot and then they left me to fend for myself. Its one of the things that make me weak in the knees and sad.

"It doesn't matter, you left me alone to deal with everything and its not fair" i almost cry. Shit. I look down. Dont cry. Dont cry Zara, do not cry.

I feel strong, hard arms around me and i sniffle. No no no no. Dont hug me ill break down if you hug me.

"Im fine" my voice breaks a little as he tightens his arms around my waist.

"No youre not and its my fault, Im sorry cara mia" he husks. I frown.

"No" i say stubbornly. I break off but hes still holding me. "Youre the rudest person on earth" i say to him. He raises an eyebrow.

"Who the fuck yelled at you? No one is allowed to do that" he says. Aw.

"The uh, i dont know this guy Paul from Raya Co." i mumble. "But its fine, im sorry i bursted i was just frustrated" i say. He nods.

"Dont apologise Love. Ill take care of shit today you can go home if you like" he says to me. I shake my head.

"Ill just think if i do and i dont wanna think" i mumble.

"What?" he asks, frowning. I shake my head.

"Nothing, im not going home, you just do your job and ill do mine, but i need an early off" i tell him. Graysons party is today.

"I know, you can leave whenever you want, ill pick you up at your house at 4" he tells me. I go to argue but he squeezes my waist. "Pink looks cute on you" he husks in my ear before leaving. Oh.

*******************

AN:

hiiii,

so i just wanted to pop in and say thankyou for all the support and also please leave a comment saying what you thinkkk.

Alsoo, this book is gonna be a little longer than my other ones. It is fast paced but as you can i tell im really taking my time writing it day by day.

I enjoy that attention to detail aspect that this book has so far, its more fun to write that way. This is just a heads up.

Okiii love yew, thenksss byee <3