CHAPTER 42

ZARA'S DREAM

Im in my room in my parents house, listening to music.

"Zara! Can you come here love" i hear my mom call from down the hall. I jump out of bed and pad into her room.

"hi guys, everything okay?" i ask looking at my parents. They're sitting on the chairs in their room.

"Sì, how are you feeling" mom asks me.

"Im fine?" i ask her.

"Sweetie, we need your help" dad says making me furrow my eyebrows.

"hm? my help? with what dad?" i ask my dad.

"Your mom and I cant do anything ourselves, but my little love, we have always taught you to be bold and just" he says coming to me and hugging me.

"Dolcezza if someone does you wrong, we've taught you to fight back and bring justice" mom says kissing me.

"Do whats right little love" dad hums before he backs away making me reach for him.

"Dad don't leave, im alone without you, dad!" they disappear.

~

I wake up in bed. This isnt my room.

A dark, short figure comes closer to me and starts choking me.

"Stop!" i cough.

END OF DREAM

CHRISTIANOS POV

Im in my room still, on the sofa working on my laptop. Zara fell asleep 2 hours ago and im finishing up some work. Reading over things she asked me to.

Ive never done that, be away from work or leave work on a mere assistant.

But she's more than that. I'd trust her with everything.

Nothing has made me bothered in my life. The way i felt when she said she wanted us to stop feeling what we were, was new. I felt helpless.

Just sex. She called it that. If only i had the balls to tell her i could give her more.

But i dont know if i could. Im not the kind of man to be in a relationship. I would probably go fuck a whore and hurt her. So i shouldnt get involved.

I hear a small whimper that tugs at my chest. My eyes shoot up to the bed.

Zara's eyebrows are furrowed and her hand twitches, as if reaching for something.

She whimpers again, crying now. Shit.

I stand up and walk to her. Her cries are hurting me. Fuck.

She starts gasping for air, her arms shooting up to her neck.

"Mm, stop please st-" she starts coughing loudly.

"Shit" I spit, quickly lifting her up by her head. "Zara my love, wake up baby, open your eyes love" i shake her lightly while she still gasps for air.

I see her eyes open while tears stream down her beautiful face, heartbreaking sobs leaving her.

"Chris?" she asks in the smallest voice. Fuck.

"Yes baby, im here, youre okay" i tell her, now sitting beside her.

She shakes her head holding my shirt tightly in her fist, putting her face in my chest.

"N-no, no im-im a b-ad daughter, im a te-terrible daughter, i f-failed them" she sobs loudly into me. i hate that she's crying, i hate seeing her like this.

"Baby, my love calmati, shh" i hold her to me, finding comfort in her, more than im giving her.

"Im so w-weak, im weak" she cries holding me tighter. I shake my head.

"No baby youre the strongest woman i know, youre perfect love, shh, you'll make yourself sick, stop crying now" i soothe. She hiccups and sniffles.

After about 10 minutes, she falls asleep her breathing still irregular.

I sigh. What if she gets nightmares when shes alone? When im not there? What if she wakes up scared and she feels alone.

My jaw clenches at the thought. Fuck i hate thinking of her being alone like this.

I feel her move a little, making me look down at her. She snuggles closer to me, holding my shirt tighter in her little hand. I hold her protectively, not realising when i fall asleep.

~

I wake up the next morning to wriggling. I hold the small figure next to me tighter and grunt.

I hear a soft laugh and it is the most beautiful sound ever, forcing me to open my eyes.

"Hi" she squeaks making me smile.

"Hi" my voice is too heavy. I see her flush.

"Thankyou for helping me always" she says softly. I look into her eyes.

"Always." i state simply.

"What are we doing?" she whispers.

"I dont know baby" i really dont know.

~

After we got out of bed this morning, Zara was back to her usual boss lady self, she barely had breakfast before she wanted to leave.

I drove her home and she thanked me with a kiss on the cheek, before jumping out. She was more serious than usual. Ill ask her tomorrow what was up.

Right now im going to the sheds. My brothers are waiting for me to torture some motherfucker for information we need.

I may have called dibs.