CHAPTER 22

After sitting with Ms. Shaina, Ms. Bianca, Alaia and Aria, and reassuring them im ok multiple times, i felt like i would pass out from a headache.

"Dolcezza you look a little pale are you feeling ok" Ms. Shaina asks. I nod.

"Um yes, i think so, ill just uhm, go home now-" i stand up, maybe too quickly because as soon as i take one step i feel the room spin and i almost fall backwards hearing exclaims of surprise.

Before i can fall, i feel large hands on me and i hold onto the muscular arms.

"Careful" he grunts. I look up from my blurred vision and as it clears i see Christiano. I stand up straighter but he's still holding my hips in a tight grip and looking at me in, concern? oh."Are you okay?" his voice is like batmans. I love it.

"Chris, take her up to your room caro, ill have some food sent up, she's probably just hungry" Ms. Shaina says and i look at her to see her smiling with a glint in her eyes. hm?

I feel Christiano gently nudge me indicating that i should walk. I do and we slowly walk up the stairs. He doesnt let me go as we're walking down the hall to his room.

"Im ok now-" i grip his hand on my hip to take it off but he tightens it, paying no heed to my words. I cant help but smile at his concern.

We enter his room and i notice the bed is now made and everything looks clean.

"Sit" he husks. I look up at him after sitting on the foot of the bed.

"A-are you angry?" i ask him making him look at me. His tongue pokes out inside his cheek.

"You should've eaten when it was breakfast time" he mumbles. "I understand you have questions" he asks. I look a him for a second.

"The Enterprises are just, a ruse?" i ask him.

"No, not exactly, they still bring us money, play a big part in economy in the sense of generating numerous jobs and its how we get most of our mafia business done" he says opening a file on the little coffee table of his. "Its as much a company as any other" he finishes. I nod to myself.

"So um, d-do you have to fire me now that i," i pause, "know?" i ask him. He looks up at me with a look in his eyes i can't decipher.

"Are you going to go around the office announcing your new findings?" he asks me. I shake my head in negative. "Then no, i wont fire you, youre a good ass assistant, god knows ive never had one" he mumbles the last part but i hear it.

I stand up and walk to the large windows. This room is so pretty and so huge.

 This room is so pretty and so huge

"What do you mean" i ask him.

"Mostly had sluts for assistants before you" he mumbled distractedly. Ok so he had sex with them ok.

Im about to respond when a knock sounds on the door. Oh i forgot about the food. I scrunch up my nose.

"Make all the faces you want bambina, youre going to finish this off" i look at the tray the maid just put down and my eyes widen.

"What?" i shriek. "Thats an elephants meal im only fat not a rhino" i say to him. I don't miss the slight amusement on his face.

"Dont call yourself fat when youre not" he says. "Stop naming animals and eat. I huff.

"Fine but im not eating it all"

"Finish it off" He says looking back at his file.

"Ill finish you off" i mumble angrily. Oh. I didn't realise that sounded sexual. I look up at him to see him smirking at me. I blush and look back down. Mean.

I continue eating the delicious casserole dish till i feel like i could burst. Thank god for the hoodie i definitely have a food baby right now.

I walk back over to the windows. Im bored and i kinda wanna go home.

"Mm Mr. De'Marco?" i ask. He's sitting on his bed, im in the comfy chairs in his room. He looks up from his phone.

"I think we're past the point of you calling me that cara" he smirks. I blush. ugh stop, are you in middle school Zara?

"I wanna go home" i tell him. He looks at me for 4 or 5 minutes, quietly. "Is something wrong"

"What if youre not safe there" he says. Aww.

"I cant, stay here forever" i say softly. He walks over to me.

"I know" hes so close to me. Hes looking down at me and i cant help but blush.

"Christiano?" i ask looking into his dazed eyes. Before i know what's happening, his lips crash onto mine.

Oh my god.