CHAPTER 21

I wake up feeling something hard underneath me. huh. I try moving but something is holding my waist. I look down to see muscular arms wrapped around me. Oh. I try wriggling and i hear a deep grunt.

"Stop moving" he husks in the heaviest, deepest voice ever. I soon realise its Christiano and last nights events come back to me. I feel a slight tremor in my stance as i replay the scenes.

They wanted me. They killed the two guys because of me. Their blood is on my hands. I dont realise when i start crying and i soon feel movement below me.

"Shh, bambina, no more crying" he says again. I sniffle.

I quickly move off him and look around. Im in his room. We... slept together, that too cuddling. Shit. I look at him to see him already eyeing me cautiously.

"You're ok?" he asks me gently. He looks uncomfortable. I know being gentle or soft isnt really his... strong suit, but i find it cute that he cares enough to try. I nod a little and he nods back. "Im gonna go change, stay here" he tells me. I look at him a while before nodding again.

Soon he comes out wearing a white button up dress shirt with grey dress pants. Why so hot?

"C-can i take a shower?" i ask him. I remember blood spattering on me and i  feel icky.

"Ofcourse cara, ill leave the room, your bag is right there on that table, come downstairs after youre done" he says, walking to his closet. I nod and walk into his nice ass bathroom, not before grabbing my phone and texting Alaia to leave me sweatpants please.

~

After my shower im standing infront of the mirror in grey sweat pants and a sports bra Alaia brought me, my head spacing out to morbid visuals.

"Zara" i hear someone say softly and i break out of my trance. "Fuck you're shaking" Christiano spits quickly sitting me down on the bed and going to his closet and coming out with what i think is a black hoodie. He puts it over my head and as soon as its on, i feel so much comfort.

Its so large and warm. Maybe i was cold.

"Your lips are purple, stop thinking" he says to me and i look up at him, feeling hot tears in my eyes.

"Im-m sorry" i whisper. He just shushes me.

"Come lets go down stairs, sì" he gently leads me out and downstairs.

Ms. Shaina tries to get me to eat but i cant even think about eating right now so we just all sit in the living room.

"Tesoro" i hear Mr. De'Marco say and i look up at him. "There is something you must know" he says. I hear Christiano curse and look up at him, standing by my side while im sitting on the sofa.

"Our family business is," he pauses. "Not what one might perceive it as" he says. I feel my head tilt in confusion. "Zara, dearest, we," he sighs. I have never seen him not confident and dominant in a situation and its freaking me out.

"We're the Mafia" Christiano says. I stop. What? Everything comes to a slow as my head swirls with thoughts.

I think back to all the facts. The isolated, guarded home. The guards everywhere, the guns the big family name and riches. Everyone being afraid of them.

Oh. Oh my god. I look up and blink a few times. Oh.

"Say something tesoro, we understand its a big revelation" he says. I just shake my head.

I mean. They've been nothing but lovely to me, saved me from dying twice, and they're the most welcoming and homey feeling people. The first good thing in my life in years. Am i scared of them?

No. Im not. I could never be scared of them. Its the opposite. I feel safe with all of them.

"I understand if you wish to leave cara, its only natural if you are sc-"

"No" i mumble. "Im n-not scared of you" i whisper out looking at him. He's the closest thing to a father i have. How could i be scared. I see a faint smile on his face. "Im just, sorry t-those people died because of me" i sniffle.

"No tesoro that was on us, we're sorry we failed to protect you" he says standing up and walking over. "You're family now dolcezza" he puts his large hand on my wet hair ruffling it a little making me smile. I nod. "Go rest child" he says walking out with Alessandro.