CHAPTER 24

I walk into the office greeting the main receptionist with a warm smile and taking the elevator up to my floor.

Once i reach, I walk across the floor to Christiano's office and knock twice and enter without him asking me to.

I dont know why i did that.

I should not have done that.

I stop in my tracks when i see his receptionist trying to straddle him and stopped in the most awkward position. She looks at me and smirks. The fuck?

"Oh! I-Im sorry, i should've waited"

He suddenly pushes her off making her land on her ass.

I turn around quickly and leave the office.

"Zara!" i hear him call but i dont stop and just walk to my office closing my door.

What the fuck. I know our kiss meant nothing. But i thought it was nice? Why am i being like this? Does he do this to everybody?

About 5 minutes later there is a knock on my door. No.

"Y-yes?". He just enters my office.

"Zara, it wasnt what it looked like-"

"Why are you explaining to me? Its fine" i say making him look at me.

"Still thats unprofessional" he says a little confused.

"Im no one to judge considering i did the exact same thing" i say to him with a sad edge to my voice. I cant believe i let myself be one of his bimbos.

"No she was throwing her self at me out of no where" he says again. I just shrug indifferently.

"Mr. De'Marco you dont have to explain to me"

"I know but given our-"

"I would appreciate if we didn't discuss that during office hours" i say to him. He goes quite and just stares at me.

"I got you coffee" i break the silence and hand it to him. "I uh, need some papers from downstairs" i say walking out of my office.

I see the receptionist collecting her things. Right, just make out with her and  then fire her if you get caught. Nice.

~

Ive just been in my office all day, thank god we didnt have anymore interactions today it would be so awkward.

"Zara, my office, now" i hear my intercom buzz. Oh noo i jinxed it.

I stand up and walk out of my office and knock on his. Im literally scarred to opening his door.

"Yes" i hear and enter.

"Zara" he acknowledges. "I know its alot to put on you but the Charity Event is now solely your responsibility, i hope you remember its in two days" he looks at me.

"Uh, yes Sir, most of it is taken care of i just have to follow up with the decoration and the catering people, everything is good" i tell him as professionally as possible.

"Ok, grazie" he says and just keeps looking at me. I look at him for a few seconds before nodding and leaving.

CHRISTIANOS POV

Im sitting in my office Wednesday morning when i hear a knock. Zara is a little early today. I ask her to enter and hear the click of heels but they dont stop infront of my desk they just continue in my direction. I look up from my paperwork and its not Zara, its my receptionist.

"What" i pause when she starts to try and sit on top of me. "What the fuck do you think youre doing" she looks behind her and i hear a sweet voice,

"Oh! I-Im sorry, i should've waited". Thats Zara. Shit.

I push the whore off me making her fall on her ass and call for Zara but she's already gone.

"Fucking get your things and leave you cazzo di puttana"
(Fucking whore)

She scurries away and i curse. That must've looked bad.

I compose myself and walk to her office and knock.

"Y-yes?". Her voice sounds and i just enter her office.

"Zara, it wasnt what it looked like-"

"Why are you explaining to me? Its fine" she says. What? I thought she'd e more, i dont know.

"Still thats unprofessional" i say a little confused as to why shes not more reactive

"Im no one to judge considering i did the exact same thing" she says. I detect a sad edge to her tone. Fuck okay.

"No she was throwing her self at me out of no where" I try to explain. She just shrugs indifferently.

"Mr. De'Marco you dont have to explain to me" okay back to surname basis.

"I know but given our-" she cuts me off.

"I would appreciate if we didn't discuss that during office hours" she says and i just stare at her.

"I got you coffee" she breaks the silence, handing it to me. "I uh, need some papers from downstairs" she says walking past me and soon i hear the elevator sound.

Well shit.