CHAPTER 40

Im at home right now, trying to figure out what to wear. I mean, what does one wear to a one year olds party? I dont know.

I already bought Grays present. Its a train set. I know a sucky present i couldn't think of anything else to get for him. Maybe ill take him to the store sometime and let him pick something out.

Its currently 3 and Chris said he'll pick me up at 4, so i have time to do stuff.

I settle on a pink, flowy dress, mainly because i wanted to keep wearing my pretty pink heels.

Im doing really light makeup, just glowy skin with brown eyeliner and light lipstick

Once im satisfied I curl my hair then go to the kitchen to pull out the eggless quiches i made for the party out of the oven. They're eggless cuz otherwise theyd smell when cold. Plus egg ones are sort of breakfast. Kinda.

I offered to make them and Alaia let me.

I made a double batch so im taking 18 for the party, the rest im keeping cuz im hungry. As im about to dig into one, i hear my door bell.

He's early.

I walk over and open the door.

"Hi"

"You look so fucking cute. Youre all pink today huh" he hums. He's talking like a girl.

"Yep" i pop the 'p'. "Thankyou" i say to him.

"What smells so good?" he asks as i let him in. I smile.

"I made quiche cups for the party, i have some extra i was about to eat, care to join?" i ask him grinning and he chuckles nodding.

We both grab one and eat. These are good.

"You make good fuckin food" He says and i smile.

"Give me two minutes i just need to grab my bag" i say and he nods, eating another one making me smile.

I know we need to talk about our situation because we cant let it keep affecting work.

I walk into my room, grabbing my bag that i took to the office. Its a baby pink Prada bag. Im excessive. Its a shoulder bag and pretty small so it looks really cute.

 Its a shoulder bag and pretty small so it looks really cute

I feel so cute wearing pink today, i love it. I throw the lipstick im currently wearing in my bag and check it for my wallet and keys.

"Im readyy" i call to him as hes on his phone. He looks towards me and nods, popping the last bit of quiche in his mouth, he stands up fixing his belt. Hot. He's wearing black slacks with a black button down with the sleeves rolled up. Too good.

He walks over to me, pulling something out of his pocket. A cayan coloured box. The kind of cayan id know anywhere. Its Tiffany and Co. What.

He hands the box to me, it has a white bow on it.

"wha- what is this?" i ask him, gobsmacked.

"Its an apology present. A ring. Like your other ones, i noticed you uh, like these ones" he scratches the back of his neck. Aw is he nervous? I blink at him. "Im sorry i went missing and dumped all my work on you, its my responsibility and i dont usually do that sort of thing." he finishes.

"I, thats sweet, i accept your apology but i cant take this" i shake my head looking at him.

"Zara, its an apology present so you dont have to feel guilty. Open it" he says. I hesitate for a second before opening it. I gasp. "I know you like these diamond ones" he comments, pointing to the ones already on my fingers. My eyes go wide.

"Chris, these arent freakin diamonds!" i shriek

"Chris, these arent freakin diamonds!" i shriek. He got me diamonds?

"Theyre not?" he asks, a cute confused expression going on his face.

"No! There are like 20 freaking stones on this thing!? You paid for 20 diamonds are you insane!?" im hyperventilating i think. "You have to return this" i declare. He shakes his head.

"No, you deserve to have a diamond one, they look beautiful on your hand" he comments. "Now put it on before i do it for you, we both know that wont bode well" he smirks making me blush.

I take it out and slip it on my right ring finger. Oh my goodness.

"You did not need to do this" i shake my head. He smiles. "Apology accepted" i smile making him chuckle.

"Lets go." he states turning on his heel. I nod absent mindedly. It so prettyyy!

I take the container of quiches and Chris locks my door for me. Im realising that the 4 inch heels are not that easy to walk in. I was too stressed to notice this morning.

I stumble a little as we step into the lobby making Christiano look at me. fuck. He offers me his upper arm and i stare for a minute. Oh. I grab it and he leads me out. It's so firm. I should really go to the gym.

We walk outside and i quickly hand him the container and go to my car so i can grab the wrapped up present. Its a big box.

He helps me put it in the back and then opens the door for me, putting a hand over my head so i dont hit it as i sit inside. Butterflies every damn time.

"Seat belt tesoro" he husks and i nod quickly clicking it into place and we're off.

I look down at my ring playing with it. hmm.