CHAPTER 23

Our lips move together in sync and i let out a quite sound.

No! What the fuck are you doing?

I suddenly pull away, both of us breathing hard.

"Fuck" he curses turning away from me. Oh no. "Zara I-"

"N-no" i say quietly. "Its- its okay, momentary lapse in judgement" i say nodding to myself. "I should really go home" i make a move to go past him but he grabs my wrist. I look up at him.

"Im sorry" he says looking into my eyes. His hold guilt.

"No, it wasn't just you" i shake my head. "Its okay, I just need to go home" i tell him. He looks conflicted but nods.

I quickly gather my things and go back to him. He picks up his keys and belongings from his night stand.

"You d-dont have to take me" i am scared of being in a car with a driver again but i dont want to bother him.

"Im not letting you be in a car registered to the mafia without me in it with you" he says with finality. I feel butterflies at how cute he's being. But thats not good. Thats not a good thing at all.

I say goodbye to everyone and thank them for their hospitality. We drive to my apartment in silence and when we reach i thank him and go up to my home.

Once im inside I take a deep breath. Oh god.

~

Tomorrow's Wednesday and i already skipped work today so i cant skip tomorrow just to hide from Christiano.

I did a full cleaning of my apartment, it helps ease my anxiety. I also took a long bath.

What should i do? I mean the kiss was bloody amazing. But he's my boss, thats not supposed to happen. It doesn't help that he implied that he had certain relationships with his previous assistants and literally called them 'sluts'.

I sigh loudly then go and lay down in bed and watch brooklyn 99. Ehh.

CHRISTIANOS POV

Fuck. Fuck.

Her goddamn soft lips are constantly on my mind and i cant seem to forget theyre taste. The way they moved against mine. The small whimper she let out. Fuck.

I pace around as the boys are drinking around me.

"Dude stop thats so fucking annoying" Stephano screams.

"Shut the fuck up" i growl walking away to the railing.

"Tell me what happened" Alessandro comes to me.

"I" i pause. "I kissed her" i tell him.

"Yeah? You kiss alot of women Chris" he says. "Tell me what you're thinking."

"Im not thinking anything Aless, shes my assistant i dont want things to be uncomfortable"

"Since when have you started giving a shit about being professional or whats comfortable for someone" he says.

"If all youre going to do is make smart comments then fuck off" i say.

"If you like her, talk to her, and if you don't, stay away from her, you'll only hurt a perfectly nice girl." he says walking away. I huff.

I need a drink.

~

ZARA'S POV

I wake up to my alarm going off and groan. blehh.

I get out of bed and go to the bathroom. Like every morning, i do my skincare first. After that i walk to the kitchen and make myself some mint and lemon tea to sooth my nerves.

I go to my closet and do another thing that helps me be happy, outfit planning.

After alot of consideration, i decide on wearing a very 'clueless' or 'gossip girl' outfit, minus the colour.

I pick out a checkered black and white skirt and jacket set, inside im wearing a plain black crew neck shirt.

I pair it with chic black ankle boots, small gold hoops and my black chanel bag.

Once im done picking it out, i do my sharp, long wing with bronzed skin and little to no blush. My lipstick is a darker nude lip liner with a lighter shade inside.

I wear my ensemble, and wear my cat shape sunglasses. Perfect.

I leave and buy myself and Christiano coffee and i buy myself a brownie

I leave and buy myself and Christiano coffee and i buy myself a brownie. yum.

Ohhhkayyy its time to face it.