CHAPTER 4

I reach the office building, its really tall and all glass. Damn why is the building attractive? I shake my head and get out of the car, locking it and walking in.

The lobby area at the entrance is really big with high ceilings and marble flooring with a large reception counter. Cute. I walk over to the pretty receptionist.

"Goodmorning, welcome to De'Marco Enterprises, how can i help you" Im surprised when she speaks in English.

"Hi, i have an appointment to see Mr. De'Marco" i ask her. "Zara King" i add.

"Oh, sì Mr. Christiano De'Marco is expecting you, go on up to the 28th floor and his receptionist will see you" she tells me. She seems nice, older, maybe like 30. I thank her and smile at her then go to the lift.

I hate being nervous shit. I hate feeling insecure it messes with my head alot and i just like feeling composed all the time. Eh.

The lift literally only goes up to the 28th floor after that theres one more and it says some letters that i don't care to decipher.

Once the door dings open i walk out to yet another big posh looking marble floored scene with a big door at the end and a smaller one beside it.

My gaze then lands on a cute desk with a slutty lady behind it. Oh. I didn't mean that sorry.

I walk over to her and she gives me a once over then narrows her eyes at me.

"Yes?" she asks. Her voice sounds squeaky and high pitched. I cringe a little.

"Zara King, im here to see Mr. Christiano De'Marco" i tell her in a professional tone. She raises her eyebrow and clicks her tongue.

"Concerning what Ms. King" she almost snaps. What the fuck.

"Im the transfer from London to be his assistant can you just ask him, because according to the receptionist that is actually doing her job, he's expecting me" i see her eye twitch making me smirk.

Before she can come up with some comment her phone rings.

"Sì, boss" she says then immediately her face contorts into an ugly embarrassed expression. "S-sì, yes sir" she murmurs. She then puts the receiver back and looks at me.

"You can go in" thats it. Thats all she says. Okay then. I walk to the door take a breath before knocking twice then entering.

The office is beautiful. I turn to the desk and see a guy. A large one at that. Definitely good looking. Like wow. I mean all italian men are hot but he's like big and muscular. Yum.

"Goodmorning" i say to him. He stands up and half smirks at me.

"Morning, Ms. King" he speaks. Oh damn his voice is hot. "take a seat" he says motioning to the chair.

"Thankyou"

"I saw your CV, its impressive for your age, i just have a question from the head of hires' " he says making me nod "are you comfortable with the change in job title" he asks.

"Yes i think i am ill just need a little more detail on what the job actually entails" i tell him. He nods looking at me really seriously. Whats with the smoulder though.

"mh" he makes a sound. Damn. "Well Janine will hand you job requirements profile on your way out, thankyou for coming in Ms. King." he says and i nod then get up and walk out.

When i walk out, a guy, around my age maybe older, is standing there talking to the snob.

"Oh, Zara, i presume?" he asks. He's cute.

"Yeah" i say.

"Im Troy" he says and i give him a smile. "This is your job entailments and we would want you to let us know today or tomorrow then you can join" he gives me a charming smile and a thin folder. I thank him then leave.

Okay that went well.