Chapter 16: We Need to Talk part 2

This chapter contains sexual content and emotional clarity. If this makes you uncomfortable you don't have to read but you will miss out on some cute Rosegarden moments. View discretion is advised.

Oscar's POV:

"Oscar, I don't like you."

My heart shattered. My body went limp in Ruby's arms, and I felt my breaths change their pace. Her words echoed in my mind repeatedly, and I felt like I was going to faint. My head was pounding, the world was spinning, and I felt sick. I think my heart was going to give out soon too.

"I love you." my eyes popped open, and I think I had a stroke. I looked into Ruby's tear-filled eyes. "I love you, Oscar," she repeated.

"L-like a brother?" I asked with a voice breaking in all the wrong places.

Ruby shook her head, "nope. I love you the way you love me. I just never thought about it until recently."

Ruby's POV:

He was quiet for a while, still reeling from my words. Then, I watched as Oscar's bottom lip quivered, and tears began to overflow from his eyes, and then he jumped into my arms and began bawling his eyes out.

"You have no idea-you have no idea how long I've waited to hear you say that!" he cried. I patted his head and hugged him back as he let years of emotion out on my shoulders. He must've cried for about ten minutes before finally calming down. When we pulled away, his face was a mess, and so was my shirt-dang. I grabbed the tissues and wiped my face. Oscar wiped his face, but I did it for him too.

Oscar's POV:

This was the happiest day of my life. I finally had the girl of my dreams as my girlfriend. But, wait, is she even my girlfriend? She said she loved me too, but we haven't confirmed any relationship status.

"I love you, Ruby," I said as she cleaned the last bit of my moist face.

"I love you too, Oscar," she giggled softly.

"What do you want to do?"

"Whatever you'd like to do, my little pine tree."

We started laughing, it hadn't even been a minute since we confessed, and now I have a pet name, not since that night. The memories back then came flooding into my mind. I had to tell her, but could I tell her? Should I tell her what happened? I gazed at her silver eyes and knew the answer, but I should tell her slowly so she doesn't fly off the handle.

"Hey, Ruby," I said shyly.

"Yes, Oscar?" Ruby replied.

"I need to tell you something."

"What's wrong? Is it bad?"

"Well, that depends on how you'd take it. I want to tell you, but I'm scared of your reaction."

"It's ok, I know."

"You do?"

"I know you're in love with me, don't worry about it."

"Does that mean I don't have to worry about you running away again?" She punched me in the shoulder, and I swear I heard a bone break.

"I'm sorry, but seriously, I need to tell you something important." Ruby had a stern look on her face, and she nodded. "So remember how on your birthday you got drunk, and I had to take care of you?"

"Yea, Yang was Infernape, I was a witch, and pretended to be Batman. What about it?"

"Well, do you remember anything after we got that alert for a Grimm attack?"