Chapter 13: And I walked

Oscar's POV:

I was still in shock over what had just happened. I was sitting in the middle of an alley with a bag with a dress and another bag of fries. I had also gotten another $60 steak when Ruby wasn't looking. I had planned to eat it later, but now I don't have much of an appetite. So I just sat there thinking about what happened in the last chapter. I didn't know what to do. I felt speechless, emotionless, and just plain lethargic. I didn't want to move. It was like all the energy had just been sapped out of my body.

My eyes began to burn, and I felt a pain in my chest. My heart started to race, and I felt like I had a panic attack.

"...scar," I heard a voice call.

"Ssshhh, if he hears us, it'll ruin things," said another. Wait, that sounds like Nora.

I turned and saw Nora, Velvet, Coco, and Neon walk by, looking for me. They were about to pass the alley completely without seeing me. I didn't want to talk to anyone right now, but...I didn't want to be alone either. I tried calling out to them, but I didn't have the motivation to speak. So instead, I just decided to lean over and not move when *clang* my head hit the side of a dumpster. Wait, where did that dumpster come from? Have I really been that oblivious this whole time? Ruby running away must've made me lose a sense of my surroundings.

Nora and the others heard the noise and peeked into the alley to see me sitting near a smelly dumpster, not moving.

"Oscar is that you?" Asked Velvet.

I didn't respond. I didn't feel like speaking to anyone after what happened, so I sat there listlessly.

"Oscar?" Velvet asked again.

"Do you think he's hurt?" asked Coco.

"I don't know," Nora kneeled down to me, "Oscar?" she tapped my shoulder. I didn't respond, "Oscar, are you ok? Say something." I slowly turned my head until I saw her face.

"N-Nora?" I moaned weakly.

"Oscar, are you hurt? Where's Ruby?"

"I-she-she's gone, Nora."

"What!? Did Salem or someone else take her?"

I felt tears welling up on my face as I finally broke down.

"She's gone, Nora," I sobbed, "I told Ruby I loved her, and she-she-she ran away from me, and I don't know what to do." I put my face in my hands and started crying.

Nora's POV:

I can't believe this. Ruby just ran away from him and left him there alone? He looks so heartbroken and defeated. I can't forgive anyone who did this to my little pine tree, even if it is our precious rose.

I turned to the girls, "ok, ladies, we need to take Oscar somewhere. We can all talk about this because I do not want to pick his brain near a stinky dumpster. Let's meet at the park. I don't want people seeing him like this." I brought out my hammer and put Oscar in my arms.

"I'll go get some ice cream," Coco said taking off.

"I'll buy some tissues and a blanket for him to lie down on," said Velvet sprinting to a store.

"I'll take his bags. Race you to the park lightning bolt?" Neon said trying to sound somewhat cheerful.

I nodded and flew off to the park.

After we got to the park, Neon kept rubbing in my face the fact that she beat me (if I didn't have the extra weight, I could have won, but I'm not complaining, this is for cute boy Oz). Finally, we all sat on a park bench so Oscar could tell us what happened between him and his forever crush.