Chapter 5-Happy birthday part 1

Ruby's POV:

"Happy birthday Ruby!" Everyone cheered. I bounced with excitement. This day was what I looked forward to all year long, aside from everyone else's birthday, of course. I gave my friends hugs and talked while still keeping an eye out for Oscar. Wait, why am I so worried? Oscar's, my friend, right? He knows what he's doing, so I should stop thinking about it.

The party progressed nicely; we had fun and played games, Nora tried to eat the cake before it was time, but Ren pacified her with pancakes. Jaune kept trying to talk to Weiss, but she ignored him in favor of Neptune, and in turn, he ignored Pyrrha, who desperately tried to hold his attention on her. Poor girl, one day she'll succeed.

The party continued until my dad tapped his glass with a fork, shattering it from excitement.

"Alright," said Dad, "everyone, now time for the annual party game that has been a favorite of mine and Rubys for a long time. Time to watch Gavin or Google." Everyone went hysterical because it was such a popular game. We played by watching the videos and then guessing on our own before finally learning if it was Gavin or Google.

After we played the game, it was time for presents.

Oscars POV:

Ow! Stupid needle. I spent the past few minutes since the party started sewing my gift for Ruby together. I had my other gift for her sitting in a small box with a ribbon. As great as it was, there was a detail about it I didn't like. 

None of the colors I had matched the aesthetic, and it upset me that I couldn't find one that fit. Oh well, whatever I need to do for this girl I love. She needs to be happy, and I know that my gift is perfect for lifting her spirits.

Ow! Dang it, I just pricked my finger again!

Ruby's POV:

Now it was time to open the presents. My BFF Weiss gave me a stack of all-you-can-eat cookie passes redeemable at any bakery in the kingdom, and each was valid for a week.

**one week later**

 I gave her a big bear hug and squeezed the air out of her

 I gave her a big bear hug and squeezed the air out of her. "Oh, Weiss, you know just what to get me. You are my best frie-"

"Nope!" she said, smashing her hand against my face, "these are so you don't sneak them out of the cabinet anymore when we're asleep, and you think we don't know it."

"That was you?" cried Yang, "I thought it was Nora filching them, and I got mad at her!" She marched over to me, ready to hit me with Ember Celica, but Dad and Uncle Qrow held her back, and Ren and Jaune had to hold back Nora.