Ch 28.5 Chicken Scratch

Oscar's POV:

Everyone stared at me after I said what I said in awkward silence. I knew this would happen. No one would believe me after saying something like that. The room was quiet until I heard a "pfft."

Shockingly, it was Ruby. She tried not to giggle, but she wanted to laugh.

Then I heard more snickers from the others until Nora started laughing, and the rest laughed too. I rolled my eyes as the others kept giggling. The teachers and Ace Ops were a combination of disgusted, annoyed, intrigued, and Marrow was also laughing, but he stopped when his teammates glared at him.

"Wait, wait, wait," said Neon, "you're saying this mystery creature is just a giant chicken?"

"Yes," I said dejectedly, "more specifically, he's a giant rooster who has a grudge against me."

That just made everyone laugh harder. I know that a giant chicken sounds laughable, but the others don't know what I've been through with this guy. It almost feels like they're laughing at me too, but I don't have the room to get mad. I have yet to tell them my history with him, so they don't understand what this means to me.

"Oscar," snickered Nora, "when you told us you were bullied, is that the guy you were talking about?"

"Yes," I said sheepishly.

"You got bullied by chicken," cackled Ruby.

"Come on, Oscar, this isn't Family Guy," said Elm, "be serious."

"What did he do to you that was so bad?" asked Yang.

"He would chase me," I hissed, remembering what he did to me, "he always pecked at my feet and tried to hurt me. There was a time when he wouldn't let me go inside my own house, and I waited hours for him to leave when he attacked me from behind. It turned out the rooster blocking my path was a friend he had disguised to look like him just to mess with me!"

"So what you're saying is," said Ruby holding her sides, "you got punked by a chicken."

Another wave of laughter went around the room, and even Marrow couldn't hold back his giggling.

"What are you laughing at," snapped Harriet punching Marrow's shoulder, "you were attacked by that chicken too," then she giggled.

The other Ace Ops couldn't hide their laughter at what happened to me. Even Winter seemed to smirk. I looked at my friends laughing, the Ace Ops laughing, and Glenda, Ozpin, and the others not taking me seriously.

I looked down in anger. I didn't want to tell these guys about my nemesis being a chicken because I knew no one would take it seriously.

Blake's POV:

Blake's POV:

As I watched everyone laugh (and try to stifle my own giggles), I could see Oscar getting visibly more upset at our laughter. I could see that he wanted to yell at us to stop, and I knew how worried he might be now that his nemesis was back. I was about to speak up when Ruby beat me to it. I guess, as his girlfriend, she has to support him even if she thinks what happens is funny.

"Ok, guys," said Ruby, "let's stop laughing now. I know that a giant chicken sounds ridiculous, but let's hear what Oscar says about this guy before we decide to keep laughing."

As everyone began to quiet down, I saw Oscar give Ruby a small smile, and she gripped his wrist under the desk. I can see in the dark, so I saw it.

"Oscar," Ruby continued, "I'm sorry for laughing, but a giant chicken attacking people is a pretty crazy story. How do you even know this guy? And why is he your nemesis?"

"Well, Ruby," said Oscar, "he was little when I first met him; he was just a regular rooster. I know him because he was actually one of my neighbor's chickens. I told you guys I grew up on a farm; other farmers were around my house too. The farm the rooster belongs to was run by my aunt's friend. And I don't know why he's my nemesis, but one day he started attacking me, and things got increasingly brutal. Then one day, he ran away and never came back."

"Oh, come on, Oscar," said Qrow, "you actually expect us to believe you have a chicken as a nemesis, and he's tearing up Vale?"

"Yeah, dude," said Yang, "you should at least try harder to come up with a better joke than that."

"It's not a joke," seethed Oscar, "he's a real chicken! He's ruthless, aggressive, and dangerous! If we don't stop him, many people in Vake will be hurt like Marrow and the other people with him!"

"Pffft," scoffed Elm, "ok, let's say we believe you on this whole chicken deal. How would we know that he will attack more parts of Vale?"

"Because...he knows that I'm here. He's only attacking parts of Vale to draw me out. When that Grimm invasion hit several days ago, he and I crossed paths for the first time in years, and I saw the look of murder in his eyes. I knew he would think I was an easy target to pick off, so I had to make a grand display of what I could do to intimidate him."

"And that's why you used magic to destroy the Grimm horde," said Ozpin, "to show him you're stronger now."

"Yea. I know my nemesis saw what I did and is even more eager to find and destroy me, but since he saw me with Crescent Rose and the others during the battle, he must've known that I'd have allies if he attacked me. So he's probably biding his time until he can take me on alone."

"Ok, ok," said Harriet trying not to laugh anymore, "let's say this hogwash of yours is true, and we start believing you. Do you have any proof that what you're saying is true?"

Ruby's POV:

Oscar looked at Harriet and then nervously rubbed his arm.

"Yea, that's what I-" Harriet started to say, but then Oscar started pulling off the straps to his glove and raised the sleeve on his right a–OH MY GOD!

Author's note: 

Hey guys, so yea this chapter was really short. I didn't know if should tack it on the end of the previous one or make it the beginning of the one after so I just made a short chapter for this section. What do you think Oscar  showed everyone? A tattoo? A phone number? A birthmark that looks like Pikachu? Who knows, well aside from me anyways. Also vol 9 concluded a few days ago at this point and I freakin loved the ending although something's did make me a little upset but it's not too major. Can't wait for vol 10 to come out right? Well anyways, stay tuned see you later all that jazz 😀.