Chapter 19: Fridays, Saturdays, and Sun Daze

Blakes POV:

Why do I feel like someone broke the fourth wall? Eh, that's not important. After teasing Yang goodbye, I rushed to where I was supposed to meet Sun. It was at a fountain in the middle of the city. I saw Sun in his usual attire, shirtless unbuttoned jacket, and jeans; that's his style. I walked over to him, and a smile spread across his face with excitement.

"Hey Blake," Sun chirped, "you look great today. Did you do something with your hair?"

"Thanks, Sun, and no, my hair is the same; it just grew a bit more. You look...natural."

"I know you have to dress up nicely on dates, but I decided to stick with what works for me. After all, that is who you're out with, right? I'd hate to look like someone who isn't me and have you fall in love with the wrong person."

"You want me to fall in love?"

Sun's face instantly turned red, and he lost his composure.

"Uh, no, I mean yes, I mean, I want to make sure that your positive feelings are directed towards me and not a false person meant to impress."

"So you're not trying to impress me? And who said I had feelings for you?"

"Ack! Uh, um, I didn't mean you had feelings for me, but like you, I was a nice person. I remember you called me earnest once, so that's what I was talking about."

"I know, and I do have feelings for you," Sun looked so surprised and a; little excited by that until I said, "I feel that you're earnest. I've always felt that way about you."

"Oh, I thought... it's just...ok, so where do you wanna head first?"

"What did you think I meant by 'feelings,' Sun?"

"Uh, I thought that...I thought you meant...I thought that uh er um well... don't worry about it."

I giggled at him; how he acts when flustered is cute, and he always knows how to make me laugh. I feel bad for what I'm about to do to him. So first, we headed to the harbor, where we first met.

"Seems like such a long time ago, huh?" Said Sun.

"Yes, it does," I said, staring at the water, "back to when our lives were simpler and more immature for our age."

"Neptune says things were dorkier back then."

"He sounds like Yang."

"Yang?"

Shoot, I wasn't supposed to bring up Yang. I need to give Sun all my attention. I can't think about my fiance right now! Wow, I really am a terrible person.

"Uh, it's just that when I was with Yang yesterday, she said something similar," I said, trying to cover my thoughts, "she said we were dorkier back then because we were younger."

"Yes, I agree," Sun said, nodding, "Looking at you now, you're almost nothing like the girl I fell in l-I mean the girl I ran by after being chased by those guards. You grew and matured, and you became more social after joining a team, so different from the Blake Belladonna that just read books all the time to avoid contact with people."

"Thanks. I never really notice when I grow. It feels like everyone else grows and then drags me up on a pedestal that I call growth too. Also, If I recall, you threw a banana in the face. You no good stowaway."

"I was a great stowaway, and everybody knows it."

"Is that why you got busted two minutes after Weiss ran into Penny?"

"I saw a cute gir-puppy. I saw a cute puppy."

"Sure you did."

Sun chuckled, and we stared out at the water longer. Then, I felt his hand slowly creep on top of mine like he was trying to hold it. I pretended not to notice for a few seconds, and then I turned to him abruptly and feigned ignorance.