Ch 28 Bird Brain

Blake's POV:

Everyone gasped as Oscar revealed...revealed...revealed that he had three long scars along the length of his right arm. They were huge, deep, and wide, and it was a miracle that he had kept them covered for so long without anyone seeing them. The scars started at his shoulder and went down to his wrist, which looked like it hurt. Everyone stopped laughing and had a look of extreme horror on their face as we drank in Oscar's massive scars. I think Ruby was about to cry, and Harriet had an instant look of regret for what she said.

"Coco," Oscar said, rubbing his arm, "can you scan me with your scroll and see if these marks match the one you found around the kingdom?"

"Uh yea, sure," said Coco nervously, walking to the opposite end of the table. She pulled out her scroll and scanned the scars until the screen turned green with a ping, "it's a match. The scars on his arm perfectly match the ones we found around town."

Oscar pulled down his sleeve and put his glove back on.

"I thought so," he said, "then it has to be him."

"Oscar," said Glenda, "did...did this...chicken give you those scars?"

"Yes," Oscar said, rubbing his arm, "the last time I saw him, he slashed me with his talons and gave me those huge scars. I was just a kid when it happened."

"But chicken feet aren't that big," said Nora, "how'd you get scars like that?"

"Yea," said Jaune, "why did he attack you like that?"

"He wasn't trying to 'attack' me," said Oscar with a sentimental look, "he was trying to kill me."

"What?" said Weiss.

"The last time I saw him was when he gave me these scars. It wasn't his first attempt to kill me though it was the most aggressive."

"You're saying some farm animal managed to hurt you that badly?" yelled Harriet, "how the heck could a chicken hurt you when you're a huntsman!?"

"It happened when I was a kid!!" Oscar yelled, "This was before I met you guys, before Ozpin entered my head. We crossed paths once, and he attacked me almost every day when I was eight years old! He's not just some random bird, Harriet! He's a psychopath! He has tried to kill me on numerous occasions! He's tried putting metal shavings in my drinking water! He's attempted to smother me in my sleep and slit my throat with a knife. The last time I saw him, I fought tooth and nail to survive! He demolished my home and my farm fields, uprooted trees, and destroyed tractors, and the only reason I have these scars is that my aunt managed to help me escape him! You don't know what it was like to live with that kind of fear every day, so just shut your mouth about things you don't understand!!"

 The last time I saw him, I fought tooth and nail to survive! He demolished my home and my farm fields, uprooted trees, and destroyed tractors, and the only reason I have these scars is that my aunt managed to help me escape him! You don't know wh...

There was an uncomfortable silence as Oscar's words echoed in the room.

When he finally calmed down, he apologized for saying what he said, but then Harriet apologized for what she said too.