Chapter 1-Her Hand

Oscar's POV:

"Come on, Oscar, hurry up!" said Nora as she pulled my hand. We were in a rush because a sudden outbreak of Grimm had appeared in a nearby forest, and someone got injured. "We need to take care of these small fries and then start planning Ruby's birthday party!"

I had almost forgotten that ruby was turning 19 tomorrow. We had spent so much time together that it felt like every day was the same day.

"I'm coming!" I said as she dragged me along. "You're gonna pull my arm off, Nora!"

"Then grow a new one when this is over!" she yelled. "Just do it like a starfish, and you'll be just fine."

"I'm not a starfish!"

"And whose fault is that?"

I groaned. Nora was always like this, but she's good at heart as long as she doesn't kill someone accidentally. We finally reached the Grimm area, and all our friends were fighting. Ruby, Jaune, Yang, and Blake dealt with a group of Beowolves, and Weiss and Ren were stuck with a squad of death stalkers.

Beowolf

Deathstalker

Deathstalker

I had no idea what good we would do, especially since I only had my cane, but it would have to do

I had no idea what good we would do, especially since I only had my cane, but it would have to do. So we joined the fray and fought them head-on.

"What took you guys so long?" Weiss shouted, sending a flurry of icicles at a Deathstalker. "We've been dealing with these things for almost an hour now."

"They keep coming out of the woodwork," shouted Yang as she killed two Beowolves. "These things just won't leave us alone, and I'm sure I saw a geist off in the distance."

"Oh, gods, I hate those!" I said as Nora, and I took out two Deathstalkers. 'Once on the farm, one got into our house and nearly tore it to pieces. I had to rebuild the dining room and part of the attic by hand!"

"Oscar, watch out!" someone shouted. I turned, and then out of nowhere, a Nevermore swooped down and almost stabbed me in the chest. I couldn't react fast enough, and it almost got me when a crimson and black blur flashed in front of me, and the bird turned to dust. I turned to see Ruby holding her scythe in a dramatic pose, and my heart skipped a beat.