Chapter 7-Have this dance

Oscars POV:

I can't believe Yang did that to me. I wanted to return that gift I bought her because it was super expensive and only supposed to be a backup, but now she wants it, and I can't say no to her. I looked through the bags in my room until I found a small white case with a red and silver ribbon. I know exactly what's in there, but I'm so nervous about giving it to her. I'm worried she might guess my feelings if I do this. I took a deep breath and grabbed the box.

I went outside, where everyone was waiting for me, and Ruby anxiously waited. Her eyes lit up when she saw me. I held the box behind my back, so I wouldn't spoil the surprise too soon.

"Did you get it?" Ruby asked in anticipation.

"Yea, I got," I said, holding out the box. She reached for it anxiously, but I pulled it back, "I just want you to know that this gift was a backup plan, and I chose style over substance with this. I did put some thought into it, but it made me feel like I wasn't trying hard enough to find something nice for you."

"Oscar?" I looked up, and she held out her hand, " can you let me see it please."

So I handed her the box. She gave Teddy to Yang, opened my gift, and gasped.

"What is it?" asked Blake. Ruby turned around and lifted the gold necklace with red gemstones and a flower in the middle for them all to see.

Everyone's jaw dropped at its sight with their eyes flashing just as much as the gold.

"Oscar, "said Ruby.

"Yeah?"

"Where did you find this?"

"I may have passed by a jewelry store on my way back from Patch. I went in and saw a bunch of jewelry, but this one stood out to me the most, and I decided to buy it for you. Do you like it?"

"Like it? I love it! I'm gonna wear this all the time! I don't ever wanna take it off!" I was so happy to hear that.

"Can-can you put it on me please?" Ruby asked shyly.

My heart skipped a beat. Ruby wanted me to put the necklace on her? Right now? In front of everyone?

"Uh, you mean right now?" I asked. She smiled and nodded. I felt my face turn red from the embarrassment of everyone staring at us. Even with all the attention, I just couldn't say no to my lovely rose. So I took the necklace, and she turned around. I slowly moved my hands around her neck and clipped the chain together, but I think I put it on backward. As I moved her hair out of the way, I felt a slight shock as I touched her neck. The spark made us both blush and I hoped the others didn't see it. When I finished I moved away, I got a good look at Ruby wearing her new necklace. It looked so beautiful on her that I almost passed out from the sight.