Ch 25: Filler Chapter 2 part 1

Ozpin's POV:

Aaahhh, I wonder what today will bring.

Walking down the academy halls, I watched students go to and fro from their classes. It does my heart good to see the next generation of huntsmen, though I can't help but feel a little guilty knowing I run academies meant for children to put their lives on the line for the sake of the world. Thinking about Gretchen and Hazel makes me feel guilty every now and then, and I get the urge to question why I do what I do.

But these Grimm attacks remind me of my lover's presence and the danger she poses to the world I need to protect and unify. I need to fulfill my promise to the gods and restore the world to its former glory, but I can't help but wonder if, after I help fix the world, someone else comes along and does not do the same thing. Evil will exist if different opinions are taken to such extremes that they cause conflict. Conflict and peace go hand in hand; neither one can have value without the other opposing it and giving it its unique presence in the world.

I can't help but imagine that if I achieved perfect unity, but then there was a new conflict and the world I built fell apart again. It's ironic, united, we stand, but in tragedy, we fall together. Sad how it took lifetimes to make significant progress, but it all came tumbling down in a few weeks. If only there was a way to get everyone on the same page to truly achieve peace while preserving their individuality to not cause any more disagreements. I can't help but wonder if our diversity was the actual cause for our descent into madness instead of our salvation to becoming whole again. I walked through the hallways and stared at some student trains. 

One had shurikens with gravity dust cores, which always returned to the owner's hands. One of her three teams had a mace with a cannon in the middle. The second had a sword that turned into a whip, and she slashed her target into pieces. The last one had pads on his body's joints and armor on his back; he ran towards his practice target, turning into a purple ball, and rolled over everything in his path. He ran back to his teammates and hi-fived them.

My students seemed to get along so well. It may be the diversity and acceptance we need to look forward to for peace. Getting along involves looking at everyone's differences and equaling them anyways. I've existed long enough to see the ups and downs of diversity and cooperation. I may not be able to do it by the end of this host's existence, but I will not stop until I do. Now, if only the children would stop with these new trends that cause controversies and differences in opinions, things would go a lot smoother.

Every few years, a new generation of kids tries to be stronger, but it makes them spineless in one way or another, and I wish I could change it. These kids will suffer at their own hands, they need to be the ones who tell themselves to stop, but that's like pouring a bucket of water on a forest fire.

"Hey, Ozpin," said Qrow, who snuck up behind me.

"Oh, hello, Qrow," I said, turning around, "what are you doing-"

He was accompanied by Raven.

"Raven," I said, "what a pleasant surprise. Tell me, what brings you here to my academy?"

"Oh, cut the crap Oz," scoffed Raven, "I know you wanted me to do some recon for you on how Salem and her crew are doing."

"And what have you discovered?"

"Ever since that Emerald girl left, her number of goons had increased for some reason. I mean, it's gone up mysteriously. She seems to be experimenting with the Grimm, and some of her new accomplices are going around trying to sow some seeds of destruction. I saw someone I think was one of them during that little battle you had yesterday."