Ch 24: Filler chapter 1

Oscar's POV:

I woke up this morning feeling refreshed and happy. I know yesterday was a little crazy, but I was starting to feel relaxed for some reason. I opened my eyes and saw Ruby looking at me at the edge of my bed with a huge grin on her face.

"Ah," I yelped, startled, "oh uh, hey Ruby. What are you doing here?"

"Oh, I just missed you," she said with a cheerful look, "I know we saw each other yesterday, but I couldn't help but think about what would've happened if you hadn't saved me. So I wanted to thank you."

She leaned over and kissed me several times on the cheek.

"Also," she continued, "I may have made you feel good in your sleep."

"Oh, so that's why I felt so relaxed this morning. Thanks, Ruby. Is there anything I can do for you, though?"

"Nope. You're my boyfriend, and I want to make you happy. Everyone else is starting to wake up, but I wanted myself to be the first thing you saw today."

Ok. This is a weird way to start the day, but this is fine. I'm glad my day started out like this. The love of my life wakes me up, making me feel refreshed. I got up and dressed, and we headed to the kitchen to see no one. I started making myself breakfast which was really just a bowl of cereal. I sat at the table and started eating it, but Ruby watched me with a big smile.

"Something wrong," I asked her.

"Nope. I was just thinking, everyone has the day off, so we can do whatever we want, and it's pretty early, so we're probably the only ones awake."

"Yea, and?"

"And this."

She leaned over and started kissing me. I returned her kisses but felt the cereal in my mouth disappear.

"Did you just eat the cereal in my mouth?" I asked.

"Yup. Here feed me some more," said Ruby, scooping up some more cereal and feeding it to me. I took a bite, but she leaned over and tried to suck the food out of me. We both began to choke, and we turned and coughed, but we broke out into a laugh. Ruby kissed me passionately and didn't let me go until her phone's alarm went off for some reason. The alarm was deafening, and I was worried we might wake the others trying to sleep in. She turned it off and texted someone but continued to kiss me. 

I pulled her onto my lap and started kissing her cheek, and she giggled. Then we heard a door fly open with a loud bang, and Ruby jumped back into her seat with a devilish grin.

Nora walked out, yawing and in a good mood.

"Hey guys," she chirped, "what's up?"

"Oh, nothing Nora," said Ruby, "just talking to Oscar about breakfast and sweet foods."

"Ooh, that sounds interesting! Sweet foods are always fun to have if you have a sweet tooth like us, right sist-silly girl?"

"Oh yes," said Ruby like she rehearsed the whole thing in an obvious way, "sweets are good. Are you going to have some of Ren's famous pancakes?"

"Not today," said Nora like she was a star in a children's commercial, "I want something sweeter!"

"Like what?"

"Oh, something round, fluffy, orange, sweet, and dripping with a sugary sauce."

"Ice cream?"

"No, Ruby, not ice cream."