A Fourth Milestone!: Sneak peek for Meta-static

Hey guys, it's me the author again. It's time to celebrate the fourth milestone of this story. A couple of days ago we hit 4000 views! I know it's not a lot compared to the stories in here with millions of reads but this is something that I'm happy about cuz this is my first story. Let's keep hoping someday I get to that point. Anyways, so I promised you guys a sneak peek of a story I'm writing called Meta-static that's also a RWBY fanfic I plan on writing. 

I've had it conceptually in my head for months at this point and it's been stressing me out so I finally decided to write it down somewhere and at least have the world know what it is I'm doing.  I'm gonna explain a lot of the story's background when I start posting it but for now please enjoy this little section of it. Get ready for my OC  and a whole lot of crazy. But be warned now, the story can get way more intense and gruesome than the RWBY canon but the real nasty stuff will happen in later installments. Whatever though here's the sneak peek, enjoy!

Ruby's POV:

.....As we peered down the hole he burrowed, the ground shook violently. Rocks began to fall and land around us, threatening to crush me.

"Move!" yelled Harriet, and we all scattered.

My friends managed to get away from the side of the mountain, but Oscar tripped and dropped his cane. As he went to grab it, one of the more giant rocks was right above him. I used my semblance to catch and throw him out of the way, but I couldn't react in time to avoid the rock until...

Smack.

I looked to see the Mutant punch away the boulder shattering it in fragments. Mire boulders began to fall, and the Mutant wasted no time stopping them. Faster than even Harriet or I could move, he zipped over Nora and swatted away a boulder about to crush her with the back of his hand. He did the same for Ren, Oscar, Weiss, and Blake. Next, he flew over some of the other Atlesian huntsmen trapped as numerous rocks began to fall toward them. Finally, the Mutant flew in between the people and the stones.

He backhanded the first, flip-kicked the next one, swung his head around using his neck like a whip, and smashed to more, then stretched his leg and smashed it into the side of the mountain. Next, he twirled and broke two simultaneously with his arms, his hands grew huge, and he clapped, reducing a boulder to dust, and finally, he rapidly swung his fists to take care of the rest.

"Watch out," cried Oscar.

I was so distracted that I hadn't even noticed there were some rocks right above me. I cowered and braced for the pain, but at the last second, the Mutant flew above me, stretched his arms, and grew in size until he could shield my whole body, and the rocks bounced harmlessly off his body.

He returned to normal and front-flipped away from me.

"Uh, thanks," I said awkwardly.

"No problem," he smiled, "I didn't want you to get hurt. I got what I came here for, and now I'll...leave... hmm," He started to fly away, but he stopped, turned, and started staring at me again.

"What?" I asked angrily.

"Huh," he said.

"You keep staring at me, and it's creeping me out; what do you want?!"

"Sorry, it's just...your face reminds me of something. Like every time I see you, I get this intense feeling inside me."

"Ok, gross."

"I'm sorry, it's just your face makes me remember something, and I can't figure out what it is. This has been driving me nuts, and I know I will kill myself if I can't remember."

He kept thinking as a truck pulled up and Uncle Qrow came out. He ran to and hugged me; Yang did the same afterward, squeezing the air out of me.

"Oh, Ruby," said Yang, "I'm so glad you're ok."

"Ruby?" said the Mutant.

"Please don't do that again," said Qrow, "you keep scaring me, kiddo."

"Sorry, Uncle Qrow, I'll be more careful next time."

"Good, please do and...uh... who's he?"

I turned around to see the Mutant staring at me more intensely now.

"Ruby," he said, "your name is Ruby?"

"Yes," I said quizzically.

"Ruby...as in Ruby Rose?"

"Yes," I said, reaching for my weapon.

"Hhmmm," he grumbled cocking his head from side to side, "Ruby Rose?"

He stared at me more intensely then his eyes lit up.

"Ohhh! Finally, I realized why your face bothered me so much! God, this has been driving me crazy for days now!"

"Yeah, that's great," Yang mocked sarcastically, "Now, if you'll excuse us, we ha-."

"You're Summer's daughter!"

Yang and I froze and looked back at him.

"You...you knew my mother?" I asked shakily.

"I did know her. She was my friend."

We stared at him until he began to feel awkward.

"Uh," said the Mutant, "bye."

He started to fly away, and I felt my heart seize.

"No, wait, stop!" I cried, desperately chasing him, but he took off, making a sonic boom and leaving a trail of multicolored light behind him.

Hey guys it's me the author again, so thanks to those of you who read my story so far and everything that makes me very happy.  I'm happy that I've been getting more and more readers as of late and I hope to gain more in the future with your and others help of course but also I would like to reach a certain threshold before I release more chapters. After I post the next one, i want get 50-100 views on the most recent chapter before I release the next ones in the future so please read more and more.