CHAPTER - 31

The sound of gunshot blasts around the room hitting Mr

The sound of gunshot blasts around the room hitting Mr. Arora's chest and I quickly look over my shoulder wondering if that is Avni.

I watch in disbelief as Ira shoots again clenching her jaw. She tries to get up but her legs are tied so she shoots from her place. Her eyes harden as she keeps shooting until the bullets are spent.

"Give me that gun." She glares at me as she points at the gun that fell on the ground from Mr. Arora's hand.

I am about to tell her he is already dead when we hear the police siren around as red and blue lights appear. Myra is rushing inside and she pants as she stands by the doorway, I watch as relief spreads over her face when she sees Avni standing there.

She walks toward Avni and hugs her, the police officers along with Sara's father enter inside. Everything is suddenly going in a rush. The officers interrogate both of us for a while. I give them the details of how everything started and what exactly happened today.

Avni stays quiet all the while except for answering two questions. I know she is sad about whatever has happened but it's over now and it's my responsibility to make sure she moves on from this nightmare.

Myra stands with Avni while I talk with the officers and since Sara's father already knew about this there wasn't much to say except what happened a few minutes ago.

"I am not coming," Ira shouts when a lady officer approaches her.

"I am innocent." She continues. "He made me do all of it. He put that idea in my head. He said it was necessary to do it and today he was saying I made a lot of sins."

She keeps shouting as they take Mr. Arora's body out to the ambulance. I do feel bad for her because her brother was going to leave her alone and he didn't care about her. It was still her mistake wanting to involve in all of this, if she was able to do all of this then I am sure she was mature enough to know what she was doing was wrong.

"He is sin." She shouts as they drag her out. "Put him in prison."

Later we walk outside and I sit there as the nurse does my dressing. I have a few scratches on my forehead and cheeks and my knuckles are a little injured.