CHAPTER - 24

The doorbell rings and I stride down the stairs to open it

The doorbell rings and I stride down the stairs to open it. We just came from jogging and Neil is in the shower so I was just going through my phone.

I pull open the door and my smile widens when I see Navya sleeping on Kabir's shoulder and Niam standing beside him.

"Good morning, Mumma." He greets me as he hugs me.

"Good morning, Niam." I laugh as I try to match his excitement.

"Hey." Kabir nods and I smile at him.

"Thank you for dropping them off on time," I say as I reach out to hold Navya.

"Uh, that's fine." He smiles politely.

"Why don't you come in?" I ask as I settle Navya on the couch and kiss her forehead.

"I actually have some work." He says unsure as he stands at the doorstep.

"Some coffee at least?" I ask.

He nods and walks in. Miss. Nazareth pours him some coffee in the cup and I sit at the table across from him. I already had my coffee with Neil in the morning but I just take a few sips so that he doesn't feel awkward drinking alone.

"Niam, come on, wake Navya up and fresh up soon." I turn to look at him who does some taekwondo stunts in the air.

"Yeah." He says as he proceeds with his action.

"Niam," I say and he turns to look at me when he hears the seriousness in my voice.

He grins before he walks to his sister sleeping peacefully on the couch. I turn to look at Kabir who sips on the coffee.

"Uh, I wanted to thank you for helping us by involving Roy," I say after a moment.

"I am glad I could do something." He shrugs. "I am guilty of what I did and there have been times when I look at Neil and think maybe I should have done things in a better way."

"You know everything happens for a reason." I smile slowly. "While I hate everything that has happened I do understand it had a reason and maybe we will know the reason soon."