CHAPTER - 14

"Do you have an idea who is Maya Kashyap?"

"I don't know," I answer Kabir on the phone as I drive to Parikh Enterprises.

"Can you meet me now?" He asks. "There's something important to discuss."

I sigh as I take a U-turn. I am halfway to Parikh Enterprises but I know I have to get over this conversation.

"Where are you?"

"Uh, I'm at home but I don't want us to meet here since you said Rayan will come along." He says and I realize he feels uncomfortable to have Rayan there.

"I understand," I say. "Can you come to Rayan's condo?"

"Uh, okay. Text me the address." He says before he disconnects the call.

It feels a bit weird to meet him after our fight, I think it's good we won't meet alone. Rayan and there's someone he wants me to meet so that would be less awkward.

"Are you here already?" I ask Rayan as I call him.

"Just reached my condo." He says.

"Send me the address Kabir and I will join you," I say as I pull my car to the side. "If that's fine with you?"

"Yeah, sounds good to me." He hangs up the call.

As I drive to his condo I wonder who Maya Kashyap could be, I didn't have a lot of college girlfriends. So, she isn't someone I know maybe Avni knows.

Rayan opens the door for me when I ring the doorbell. I saw him last on our Anniversary and we look at each other before he steps to the side so I could walk in.

I look around the condo as he walks to the kitchen. I have never been nice to him, we have always fought. Always throwing fists across each other's faces and when he hands me a glass of water it feels strange to accept it.

"I'll be back." He says slowly before he walks up the stairs.

A few minutes later the doorbell rings and I open the door knowing it's Kabir. He looks at me dressed in his formal black shirt and then looks away, a man in a suit stands next to him.