CHAPTER - 07

I throw my towel on the couch as I walk to the mirror and run my hands through my damp hair

"You can go take shower," I say to Avni who is sitting on the bed staring at me.

"Are you okay?" I turn around to look at her when she doesn't answer.

She looks down at me and sighs shaking her head. "You are really- hot."

I arch an eyebrow at her. "But there's something important I want to say and I want you to listen."

"I am listening." I walk to the bed and sit in front of her as I understand the seriousness in her tone. I reach out to hold her hand in mine as she stares into my eyes.

"Neil, you probably might be assuming I might get pregnant anytime soon." She gulps as she shifts on her place. "But I won't be pregnant."

I don't comprehend what she wants to say exactly. I don't want to interrupt and say anything wrong before understanding what she means so I stay quiet, just looking at her waiting for her to continue.

"Remember that night in your Villa?" She looks at me questioningly and I nod.

"The next morning I hurried to take ECP." She lowers her gaze. "And I have been taking pills since then."

"Okay." I nod.

"I hope you are not mad about it?"

I sigh as I look into her eyes and hold her hand tight in mine. "Look Avni it's easy for men to make women pregnant. Women will have to carry the baby for months and I believe it's your right to decide whatever you want."

"I will not lie, I do feel sad because I was kinda excited for it." I reach out to put her hair string behind her ear.

"But I want you to decide it for us, there's no force. I understand, my wife." I smile pinching her nose.

She smiles at me. "It's not like I don't want kids, I do want, I want to live that moment once again. The feeling of carrying a baby is something I want to experience but right now I just want to give some time to Niam and Navya."