CHAPTER - 03

Ria stands up as we approach her table

Ria stands up as we approach her table. I nod at her before I and Avni settle on the seats. We dropped Niam and Navya at Khanna Mansion so that we could sort this matter peacefully.

I and Avni look at each other when Ria doesn't initiate a conversation. She keeps looking at the documents in her hands and I don't understand what's going on in her mind.

"I don't think we are gonna order something so it's better if you speak up why you have called us here," I speak up.

Ria lets out a breath before she hands me the documents. "Here is the original contract."

I turn over the pages and look at the contract which was made by my lawyer years ago and it just has my signature. I suddenly start feeling angry at her but I still stay silent.

It's over, I don't have to think about it again and again. I should focus on the present.

"What about this?" I look up at Ria.

"I know, I never signed the original one but that contract has expired months ago." She says slowly. "And I also know, the contract both of us signed was fake and the mistake was intentionally done by me."

"I know all of it, just get to the point."

I just hate that I am sitting with two women, one my wife and the other known as my wife because of the contract.

There's going to be a lot of drama in the office regarding this and people love to gossip. I want to take Avni to my office and yet I don't want her to listen to people murmuring unpleasant stuff about us.

"As per the contract we signed, there are 3 more months to end this contract." She looks between me and Avni. I look up at Avni and I know she is angry.

"Please don't say you want to stay with him for these 3 months," Avni says out loud as she glares at her.

"Obviously, not!" Ria shakes her head. "I just want to end this contract and I know Neil would want the same." She looks at me.

"You aren't lying, are you?" Avni looks at her distrustfully as she leans on the table to get a closer look at her.

I laugh slowly and pull her back. She glares at me and pulls her hand away from mine. She's is just-