CHAPTER - 19

"Shit!" I mumble as my ball hit Aunt Zara's stomach

"God!" Fawzi says in a low voice and we both look at each other before we quickly hop on my bicycle.

Aunt Zara looks around with an irritated look on her face. Uncle Ishaan holds her hand as he looks at us riding the bicycle as if I didn't just throw the ball at her.

We watch as he keeps his hand on her stomach. "Did it hurt you?" He asks softly and she just shakes her head pulling his hand away from her.

I have no idea why they are coming together and why Aunt Myra isn't coming with her.

"Who was the playing with the ball?" She looks at us. "I am sure it was either Navya or Ahad, they are naughty."

I look at her silently and turn to look at Fawzi who gives me a blank look. I know they consider Fawzi and me the honest and good kids.

I look back at her, my grandfather and my father taught me better than to lie.

Be honest, get over it. Instead of lying and carrying it all the way.

"It was me," I say quietly.

She frowns and looks at Uncle Ishaan before she looks at me. "Every innocent looking isn't innocent." She murmurs before walking to the porch steps.

"Don't worry that was directed towards me." Uncle Ishaan says as he grins. "I gotta follow my girl."

"Is she your girlfriend now?" Fawzi asks curiously as he grins.

He looks at us as if thinking about what to say. "Maybe more than a girlfriend."

"Oh," Fawzi says looking at him and I wonder what is more than a girlfriend. A wife maybe.

"You seem very curious about it." He ruffles Fawzi's hair making him laugh.

If it was me I would have gotten annoyed if someone touched my hair but that is what I love about my friend he doesn't get annoyed.

Uncle Ishaan meets us very rarely but he is so friendly when he is around us.

"Will you play with us today?" I ask him.