CHAPTER - 27

Villain

Villain.

Was a love story perfect without a villain in it?

The villain is what makes things exquisite.

When the hero beats the villain up everyone gets excited and satisfied. I don't think villains choose to be a villain, it's just they have to be. It's the covetousness and desire that makes them do it and I have still not concluded if that is a good or bad thing.

I mean, are we not supposed to get what we desire? And do everything we can to achieve it.

Well, certainly people would say but not by hurting others.

But what have you certainly achieved by helping people except for the satisfaction?

For me, my goodness has always been rewarded with badness.

There is just one thing I have learned in my entire life and that is - Humans don't have a satisfaction limit. The more good you do for them the more they want.

No matter how good you are, you are the villain in someone's life and you can't change it no matter what. I know that I won't be able to change my image in Neil and Avni's eyes so I don't try at all. I am not going to get anything by that.

"I'm on my way," I tell Neil on the call as I drive to Maya Kashyap's location.

"Just... don't do anything bad." He says slowly. "I hope you keep your promise."

I clench my jaw feeling frustrated. "I will," I say before I disconnect the call.

I pull my hair as I drive, why can't he just appreciate that I am trying to help?

I am not someone who has patience but I am trying here and Neil isn't making it easy for me. What he never knew was I wasn't the actual villain in their lives and now that he has the idea it might be someone else he still doesn't trust me.

And I know Avni hates me and I think she has the right to so I don't try to meet her or talk to her. Though I am happy for her, she got the family she wished for, and because she is the CEO of Parikh Enterprises, Inc. I know she is going to rock, she always had business interests during her college days.