CHAPTER - 21

The entire month of September has been busy

The entire month of September has been busy. Commencing from my new day as CEO of Parikh Enterprises, Inc. to the business event we are attending today.

It was a little overwhelming to have reports out of the building snapping my photo as I stepped out of the car to enter inside.

A lot of questions were asked, and I remember people asking me how I felt. If I am excited to work as CEO. If being the CEO was my plan all the while. What changes I am going to bring.

I didn't want to be ignorant and rude but neither was I ready to answer those questions. It wasn't in my plan to take the CEO position and there is no way I am going to give anyone clarifications.

I'll let my work speak how much worthy I am of the position.

Sara's father, Mr. Sabet joined me on my first day itself and it is definitely weird to have someone following around. I find it a little hard to treat him as a bodyguard knowing well he is a police officer as well as Sara's father.

He maintains his poker face and doesn't speak at all until it's necessary which makes me wonder if he is even Sara's father. I mean Sara hardly stays silent.

Things went very well on my first day. The board members even gave me a small party in the meeting room and we had a cake cutting which I wasn't expecting. I was happy people were excited about it, if not everyone at least half of the people were.

I haven't cracked a deal yet we are just going with the ongoing projects and I would like to grab some attention in the business event to have people invest in and do partnership with me.

Mr. Arora has been a great help and I am genuinely thankful to him for guiding me in the decision-making process though I know I'll have to take them myself from now on. I don't want him to rule on me any longer, I am thankful for his help but I do know a thing or two about business and I need to get a grip on it myself.

I stopped by my in-laws on Sunday to meet them and they were proud of me. I always feel happy whenever I meet my mother-in-law and Bebe they are just too sweet. Whenever I look at my father-in-law it's hard not to remember my father.