CHAPTER - 25

"I had something to say

"I had something to say." Vidhyut turns to look at me as he stands near the door.

"Yeah?" I ask as I look up at him.

He closes the door and walks back inside. "This Mr. Arora who you say has helped you a lot."

"What about him?" I ask getting a little anxious.

"I don't think he trusts you for being the CEO." He says slowly. "Yesterday after you left with your husband he actually showed his disappointment telling a few of them how undeserved you are of this position."

I look at him feeling embarrassed and angry at the same time.

"I don't think you should trust him, he definitely wants this seat." He says after a moment. "Just felt you should know not that it's my business. Telling it as a... friend."

"Thank you." I nod. I can't be ungrateful when he is being helpful. He walks out of the room and I pace around wondering why would Mr. Arora do that to me.

I know better than to trust someone right now but Neela maa trusted him. On one hand, I am feeling like I'm winning, and on the other, I feel like I'm losing.

All I want to do right now is go to his office and ask him, yell at him. As if all the problems going on weren't enough now I have him to worry about.

How the hell did my life become so complicated?

I restrain myself from breaking anything or hurting myself physically. I reach for the glass of water and drink it in a go.

I am the CEO I haven't lost it yet I can take care of it. I just need to be smart and not fall into his traps. I might as well fire him soon if he continues to do it.

I get a text from Sara telling me Kabir would be free for lunch and not dinner. I reply to her with an okay and ask her to let Neil know which restaurant he would be joining Kabir.

I actually planned Sara and I will bail out from it and they both can have some conversation and sort out things between them.

I answer Sara's call when it rings still thinking about what just Vidhyut said.