-38.0-

"When did you learn that!?" Jocelyn shouted in amazement, standing at the end of the hallway starstruck.

Dave wiped his hands off from dirt, stepping over unconscious Hydra agents that filled the hallway. He shrugged and placed a hand on Jocelyn's shoulder to move her down the hall, away from the bodies laying around.

"I had a lot of time in the past five years." He shortly explained glancing up and down the hallway for more agents knowing it wouldn't be long till more attacked.

Seconds ago, Jocelyn and Dave ran around a corner into a hallway filled with Hydra agents who shouted at them to freeze. Jocelyn was about to use her powers and take down all the men but her dad jumped in with these ninja-badass-Jackie Chan-kung fu moves and took them all down within seconds. 

Jocelyn was frozen in her spot watching her dad move so swiftly and she was suddenly curious of what her dad was up too for the past five years.

The two began jogging down the hall and glancing around cautiously for other enemy agents. An alarm began to sound alerting everyone that their prisoners escaped. 

Jocelyn was filled with anger and vengeance. Though she couldn't rid that lingering thought in the back of her mind of how easy their escape was.

Carlos was no idiot. He knew she could use her powers to escape yet he didn't put on the cuffed bracelets to block her powers. Jocelyn knew what her plan and mission was but she was curious to know what Carlos' plan is too.

They followed the hallway until they found a control room. It was filled with agents and computers linked to security cameras. But within seconds, the father-daughter duo took down the agents without a single scratch.

"These hallways are filled with agents." Jocelyn warned when stepping closer to the computers to search for Carlos. Dave followed behind her, ignoring the bodies around them. "If we want to find Carlos, this won't be easy." She admitted with a tired sigh.

"But we can do it." Dave reassured glancing at the monitors. "There-" He pointed to a monitor that is linked to a large door, no doubt the exit. "That's our escape." He stated.

Jocelyn pursed her lips. "Carlos wouldn't have fled. He loves seeing chaos and violence." Each monitor lead down a different hall yet none of them revealed Carlos.

"He would possibly go somewhere to mock you. He must have known we would escape our restraints and would want to lure you into a trap. Do you have any idea where that would be?" Dave glanced at his daughter with a frown.

Jocelyn's eyes dropped, thinking of all of her past memories as Lucy. There must have been a time that Carlos was in control, yet was surrounded by violence and order. 

A small grin appeared on Jocelyn's lips when she looked up at her dad. "I know where he is but you can't come with me." She stated.

Dave's eyes widened. "What? Why?" He asked alarmed.

"Dad, this is my battle and demons. I have to do this on my own, trust me." She pleaded.

Dave hesitated, unwilling to let his daughter go again. He thought she died five years ago to suddenly find out she was alive. Letting her go on her own was risking him losing her once again.

"Fine," He muttered in defeat. "But you have ten minutes or I'm coming to search for you." He protectively stated, revealing his fatherly side once again.

Jocelyn nodded with a thankful smile. "Deal. In the meantime, try and find a ride out of here."

***