-16.0-

Jocelyn head rested on the glass window staring out the back seat, watching the passing buildings and pedestrians fly past. The sunset beams struck her soft features, her eyes squinting against the harsh light. She absentmindedly was thinking of Mr. Stark's words, hearing them repeat over and over in her head.

Just do it, he told her.

It seems like every issue and problem that Jocelyn had faced this past week was because of Aura. She couldn't blame Gwen for shouting at her although she wanted to. Gwen had been her best friend for years to know she would never intentionally hurt her. Besides, Gwen had a fair point.

Jocelyn should just tell her friends about Aura and be truthful. The only reason why Jocelyn hasn't is the fear of their reaction. When Gwen found it, she didn't exactly take the news easily...

***

One year ago:

Aura was perched on a rooftop gazing down at the streets below her. It was another day of her being a hero and the young teenager was searching for crime or anything to keep her busy. After her pal Spiderman ditched her out of the blue, Jocelyn had been left alone to occupy her time. She had a few suspicions of the hero's sudden disappearance mainly based around the Sokovia Accords but didn't know anything for a fact.

Watching a group of pedestrians cross the road and the cards yielding for them, Jocelyn narrowed her eyes on a familiar figure in the crowd. Her blonde hair and red jacket that Jocelyn bought her made the girl stand out from the crowd.

Gwen Stacy was walking through the streets on the brisk Sunday, texting on her phone and not paying that much attention to her surroundings.

Jocelyn, however, was paying attention and noticed a group of men following behind Gwen. The blonde was too absorbed in her phone to even notice the group stalking her and waiting till she was out of public.

"That can't be good..." Jocelyn muttered to no one in particular.

Jumping from rooftop to rooftop and out of visible sight, Jocelyn had followed Gwen and the group stalking her from behind to protect her. Gwen was taking her walking route home and oblivious to the fact she was being followed.

When Gwen turned the corner onto her block, the group of men took the silent street to their advantage and ran around the corner after her pulling her into a nearby alleyway. One of them covered Gwen's mouth to prevent her from screaming and shoved her against the brick wall. The other three watched from behind chuckling in amusement, listening to Gwen's muffled screams and sobs. Her phone slipped from her hands when she was pushed into the wall which left her defenceless and petrified.

"Oh, we are going to have fun with you." The man holding Gwen growled out lustful, digging his hand further against her mouth.

Gwen muffled another scream in terror but failed to capture anyones attention.

On cue, Aura leapt down from the rooftop and beside the four men. She couldn't watch another second when these thugs were touching her best friend. They chose the wrong girl to attack and Jocelyn was angry, planning on showing the men how much they had pissed her off.

"Step away from the girl, boys." Aura warned them loudly.

All four men's heads snapped towards Jocelyn who was glaring angrily at the criminals. Gwen's eyes widened at the hero when one of the thugs lunged at her and she flicked him into the wall with a flick of a finger.