Silent Society

Izuku's POV unless said otherwise!

I was standing on the rooftop of a building in the middle of the night as I was doing it soo many times. It wasn't the first time that I would be tempted to jump. One step, one leep and everything would be over. As much as it was tempting, as much as I wanted to do this, as much as I was tired of everything... it was also the same for my determination not to do it as much as I liked to do it.

I was Parallax and couldn't just leave everything behind that I build up. I loved being who I was and yet, I hated myself. No one knew that Parallax was me, a quirkless kid with big dreams. 

I guess today will be a silent night...

This is really rare but also somehow getting normal...

At least no one is getting raped, or hurt because of some robbery.

It was true that I never did a lot of heroic stuff since I was different than other vigilantes. I wasn't after the fame. I wasn't after villains. I never wanted to hunt them down since I understood that they had a reason for doing it and being a villain. No one ever was bron bad and they also never intended to get into this dark path of life. That much I was sure.

Who was I after all to meddle into someones life?

This was why I was only doing patrolls around the city and act whenever I hear screams or see people getting hurt. I was never putting villains into custody or faught them if not to protect someone. This was also part of the reasons, the villains on the street never assulted people in this district. We had some robbery here and there but people started sharing more and helping each other ever since I started doing it and reason with villains as well as vigilantes. 

I wonder if  villains chainged or the society?

No matter what...

This is really something else.

This is how it should be.

Most of the quirkless kids, beggers, kids with weak quirks and all the orphan kids knew me. I worked to help them get back to a life they would be proud of. I wanted them to get over the pain of having an abusive parent or getting abused by society. I knew how it felt like.

I still remember how I got to be a vigilante in the first place. It was all thanks to Bakugo and All Might... However I would rather not think about that now.

Me: *Sigh* Am I doing the right thing?

I can just end it?

I don't even know if my help is getting these kids anywhere...

I just want to help...

Is it that wrong?

I wasn't the strongerst, but my wits were on another level. This was why I used my knowledge and my analytical skills to asses a situation before I acted. Most of the time I was only fighting small villains and only in one district since it was my home. It was also the one with the lowest crime rate in the whole city without any leads as to why... well it was of course because of me.

No... Today is not the day.

I still have soo many things to do.

I can't just give up in the middle of getting what I dreamed about.

It's already late and so I truned around and got back down from the building. The moment I was walking on the street not even hiding who I was greeted by everyone who passed by.

Woman: Parallax, you done with your shift?

Me: Mh!

I walked by some shops which were open till midnight and there was this one old lady I really liked. Who was I kidding, I liked everyone in these streets. They were all nice to me and they all knew me with the half mask I was wearing.

It was the moment I saw her getting ready to leave that I ran towards her and helped her carry some stuff into the shop.

Woman: A silent night, I guess.

Me: Indeed. How was business today?

Woman: Not good but I will survive, it isn't that bad yet. Oh that remind me... here take these.

Me: Thank you but you don't have too.

Woman: Nonsense. It is only thanks to you that everyone here in the district is having such a good life. If you haven't exposed that corrupt police station hiring some hooligans to destroy our shop, then we wouldn't be here. We owe it to you.

Me: But that is something that was neccessary.

Woman: True but you were the one taking the initiative! That is what we all appreciate. Even the new orphanage you build up!

Me: I didn't build it up. I just helped renovate it.

Woman: Same, same but different. What does it matter. 

Me: *Sigh*

Woman: Now get back home kid. You look quite exhausted. How is school going on?

Me: Well you know I am in Gen Ed class.

Woman: But the sports festival will come up soon. We will be all routing for you kid.

Me: Thank you, will do

This woman knew who I was since I used to help her out even before I was Parallax. It was her who showed me kindness and love where I only received nothing but coldness from everyone else. My family didn't even care about me too.

This woman felt like family to me.

I took the bag with some fruits inside and other snacks and headed back home. Naturally I eneterd my room through the window and while I was walking down the street everyone who saw me was greeting me. Even the police officers of this district didn't care about me and covered my existence since it was me who helped them out inoffically.

Me: *Sigh*

Sport Festival coming up huh....

I wonder if I will manage to get into class 1A then...

Probably not...

Bakugo is in there too.

I am gratefull for that Dandelion but... he is right.

All I can do is this much.

I don't deserve being a hero...

Maybe I should have headed his advice from the start and never even tried it out...

Will they miss me if I am gone?

That was all I thought before I somehow fall asleep right on my bed laying there without even covering myself or changing into my pyjama.