Chapter 55🖤

That night after my dad walked me up to my bed, I layed down and cried into my pillow for a long time, not stopping until I could no longer cry anymore tears. My body was all cried out. I grabbed my phone in frustration, it kept digging to let me know I was getting text messages. I already knew who it was without even looking, clicking on Chase's name I pull up his messages.

Chase- You can't do this to me Raven! I love you so much.

Chase- I can't live without you baby please. I'll take my pill. Please. Don't leave me.

Chase- Raven fucking answer me!

Chase- Baby. You're seeing my texts. Please answer. Suicide thoughts are coming back. Please.

That's not my problem anymore, I can't keep on doing this with him. I can't be with someone that is okay with hurting me and Chase doesn't care honestly, because if he would he would stay on his medicine and he doesn't.

Chase- God damn it Raven! Fuck you! I won't let you do this. You're mine. You fucking can't leave me. I won't allow it. If I can't have you Raven then no other mother fucker ever will!

I can't take his angry words anymore, scrolling up our messages, my shaking fingers hovers over the block word, sighing softly, telling myself it's the right thing to do for myself.

I press it.

Blocking him and his hateful words.

After deleting him and my messages, I found me, Sarah and Kim's group chat and sent them a message. I need to come clean. They deserve to know, they maybe upset and pissed but my two best friends deserve this from me after all that they have done to try to help me.

I appreciate what they did, but I had to open my own eyes.

Me- Yall.. Are yall awake I need to tell you both something.

Sarah- Yeah. I'm watching TV.

Kim- Yes.

She is still not happy with me, I have not been treating her as I should and I completely feel like shit for it.

Me- I was lying to yall. I was still dating Chase just not telling anybody. I'm sorry...

Sarah- What? Raven! Why would you do that? He is dangerous! He could kill you.

Me- I know.. I did not want to believe that Sarah. I loved him.. I just could not stop seeing the good in him.

Sarah- Raven...

Kim read the message but she has not texted me back yet.

Fuck.

Me- I know. I'm sorry. I'm sorry and I'm so happy that I have yall two as my best friends. Yall was both trying to protect me even though I did not deserve it.

Me- Kim.. Please. I'm sorry bestie.

Kim- What changed?

Me- He came over tonight and he told me he was back off his medicine. I finally realized that he would never fully stay on it and that's not the life I want. Yall are right... He could end up killing me one day out of anger. He does have bipolar but I also think he has real anger problems and that mixed with bipolar is not okay.

Me- I ended it with him tonight. For real. I told him to leave me alone and that I was letting him go. My father overhead our conversation and told me he was proud of me.

It was not easy for me to do that, the love I had for Chase was consuming me, it was like I was under water and not being able to breathe air without him.

Sarah- I'm proud of you Raven. You needed to see how dangerous he was for yourself. I'm not happy that you lied to us again but I am happy that you opened your eyes to the kind of man Chase is.

Kim- That's all I wanted Raven. For you to see. For you to not allow him to keep doing those horrible things. I'm sorry I told your parents but you have to know I would do it again if I had too. You're my best friend. You and Sarah. I would never be able to forgive myself if something happened to either of yall and I just sat back and let it happen.

Kim- You wouldn't tell so I needed to.

Me- i know.. Thank you. I love yall.

The sound of my door opening had me look up, seeing my mom and dad walking into my room.

"Its just Kim and Sarah." I told them softly, holding my phone out to show them the text.

"That's not why we are here. Your dad told me what happened tonight. Are you okay baby?" My mom asked softly as she walked over to the side of my bed, bending down, she kissed the top of my head.

"Yeah, momma. I'm okay. I'm sorry I lied to yall about breaking up with Chase. I loved him and was just seeing the good side of him." I told her softly, knowing I would deserve their yelling and fussing at me right now.

"We wanted to tell you that we did not handle this situation, well. We are not proud of the way we acted but your our daughter. Our baby and seeing you being hurt was something that we just could not take Raven. We are sorry." My mom said softly, looking down at me smiling softly. "I'm very proud of you, baby girl. I'm so happy that you finally seen how you were being treated and you ended it for yourself."

"You are so strong, baby. Some people find it hard to get out of a relationship like that but you did and it may hurt for a while. You may be sad. You may cry but you're strong Raven. No matter what that boy said, you never deserved to take those things from him. I love you and I'm proud of you. I'm sorry for letting my anger out on you. You did not deserve that from your dad. You needed to be heard and understand and all I wanted was to make this go away from you." My dad said gently as he and my mom both sat on both sides of my bed, each wrapping an arm around me, hugging me.

For the first time in months, I feel like I am going to be okay as I let all my worries flow out of me, while being safely wrapped in my parents' arms.