Chapter 49🖤

Sarah and Kim had went off to use the restroom, safety in numbers Kim always reminds us and I went to look for Chase thinking that we could get one more dance in before the dance ended. I finally spot him where I had left him a few songs ago chatting his with friends. I started to head that way until I feel a rough tap on my right shoulder causing me to stop In my tracks and look up to see Dylan a dude thats actually in our grade but I never spoken to him before.

"Yes?" I asked him feeling and probably looking confused as i wonder what he wants. He has never tried to talk to me before.

"Raven, you're smoking hot tonight. Do you want to dance?" Dylan slurred his words, and the stench of beer washed over me, almost making me choke.

Have I mentioned how much I despised beer?

"I am sorry Dylan, but I am with Chase." I tell him nicely, not wanting to come across as a bitch, but I also wanting him to understand that even if Chase and I aren't formally back together, I'm utterly taken.

"Whatever. Your lucky Chase is even with you. I was just offering a pity dance." He snarled out before stomping away from me.

Wow.

That was so fucking rude.

Sighing softly I turn my attention back on Chase once more and seen that he is actually headed out of the gym, wondering where he is going I quickly follow him out as fast as my heels allow me.

As soon as I push open the double doors and hear the click as they open, the chilly night air rushes over my body, making me shudder, and I notice Chase a few feet away.

"Chase. What are you doing baby?" I asked, confused, as I noticed him standing in the middle of the grass, hands in pockets, staring straight ahead before slowly turning around to face me.

For a few seconds, he doesn't say anything, so I carefully move over the grass, my heels sinking into the ground as I approached him.

"Are you all right?" As soon as I was a few inches away from him, I asked softly.

"Do you enjoy embarrassing me, Raven?" He hissed, his enraged glare enslaving my confused gaze.

"What exactly are you referring to? How did I embarrass you?" I asked loudly, not understanding what he was saying. How did I embarrass him? Apart from dancing with him and my best friends, what else have I done?

"I noticed you flirting with the asshole. Raven, you're mine! Now our entire school probably thinks you're a hoe!" He snarled out, and i watch as the spit flies out of his mouth.

The aroma of alcohol rushes into me due to the little breeze, and I look up at him in bewilderment. Isn't he aware that drinking alcohol while on bipolar medication is dangerous? According to Google, alcohol prevents the drug from working for several hours after consumption.

Oh fucking shit.

He's gone dark, and it's not even his fault this time, he has been taking his medicine like he is supposed to and look what happened. No wonder he is so unhappy about taking them. He cant even have a good time with his friends because of his disorder.

"I need you to calm down, Chase, okay? I wasn't trying to make you look bad. When the guy asked if I wanted to dance, I declined. Chase, you shouldn't have consumed any beer because it prevents the drug from working for several hours." I tell him softly, attempting to maintain a calm and even tone so as not to anger him anymore than he already is.

Poor thing.

"Dont talk about shit that you dont understand Raven! I have bipolar! Me! Not you! Stop fucking thinking you have a say about it. You google your shit and its annoying!" He growled out taking a step closer to me, feeling my heart dropping inside my stomach.

"Chase! I did not do anything to embarrass you, I basically told the dude to fuck off before I followed you out here. Your medicine is no longer in your system and you need to calm down before you work yourself up." I pleaded with him to understand what I was saying so that he could maybe calm down.

"I guess nothing I do will ever be good enough for you. For weeks, I've been trying to show you that I can love you the right way, but you always find something wrong with me." He sighs loudly, his hands at his sides drawing my attention as he flexes his fingers.

"Baby, nothing is wrong with you, okay? I know you're not meaning any of this tonight. The drink messed you up its okay-" I started to assure him that tonight, this one night I understand what's happening and it's not his fault.

He wanted to enjoy the dance with his friends and probably had no idea that drinking while taking bipolar medicine would turn his night into this, into him going dark.

"Just shut the fuck up Raven!" He screamed at me, raising his hand high before slamming his palm down hard across my face, causing me to cry out from the pain, throwing my hand up holding my cheek.

"What the fuck!"Kim's voice growled out and both Chase and I swung our gaze the to the gym doors, seeing both Kim and Sarah standing there watching us.

Sarah wears a look of horror on her face as she covers her mouth with her hands.

Kim balling up her own fist as she makes her way towards us, pulling a confused and shocked Sarah along with her.

As soon as Kim makes her way over to us, she reaches up and pulls me away from Chase softly wrapping her arms tightly around me.

"Baby, I'm sorry it was the alcohol-" Chase started to explain what I had already figured out and I don't blame him for this, he has been trying so hard only for this to happen when he did not mean for it to.

"Fuck you! You're nothing but a fucking sick mother fucker who enjoys putting his hands on his girlfriend! I stayed silent because Raven asked me to but no more! I can't stand here and watch you fucking hit her and not do my best to protect her." Kim snarled over Chase, cutting off his apology.

"What? You know?" Sarah rushed out, looking at him like she is not actually believing her own ears.

"Yes. Yes I knew and I promised Raven I would not tell anybody but that was a big mistake!" She grunted out, as she began to drag me away from Chase.

"How could you not tell me, our friend was getting hit on by her boyfriend?" Sarah screeches out, sending both Kim and I a hurt look."How long have you known?" She asked, Kim.

"A few weeks. I'm sorry. She made me promise Sarah. I wanted to tell you I been so fucking worried about her but she told me he changed. I'm done." Kim sighs out, jerking me harder against her hold when I tried to look back at Chase. "Let's go, Raven. We are leaving and if you keep fighting me I will call your parents. Please don't fucking make me do that."

"Wow! I can not believe yall kept this from me." Sarah cried, wrapping her arms around me before swinging her now pissed off gaze towards Chase. "You better never touch her again, or I will cut your fucking hands off your a psychopath." She snarled out before pulling me away from him, along with Kim.

"Yall stop it. He has been taking his medicine, it was the drink. It fucked him up. He did not mean this." I begged them, trying to calm them both down.

"I don't want to hear it. I promised myself if I ever seen him hurting you that I would stop it and tell your parents. I need to protect you even if you don't want to protect yourself." She growled out as her, and Sarah dragged me towards the limo.