Chapter 35🖤

After my parents and I finished watching a few more Greys Anatomy, we went into the kitchen where my mom made us some ham and cheese sandwiches.

"Here. Next time when I say phone off I mean it Raven." My dad tells me softly, as he takes my phone out of his pockets and slides it across the table to me.

"I'm sorry, dad. It won't happen again, I promise." I tell him softly, smiling quickly, put down my sandwich, picking it up I see I have several messages from Chase, slowing take a deep breath, I press my finger on his name to pull up the messages.

Chase- You going to ignore me?

Chase- Really? I thought you loved me! Not texting me back is clearly not you loving me Raven!

Chase- I can't believe you're doing this.

Chase- Fuck you then. We are over! Don't text me, don't call me and don't fucking look at me at school. You don't deserve to be with me. You're a horrible girlfriend. No wonder you never had a boyfriend. You got lucky with me. You will just be alone now!

Wow.

I can not believe he just said all that to me, I mean I know it's his bipolar talking right now but goodness the words he says sometimes just hurts me so much.

Trying to fight the tears on my eyes, I quickly type a message out to Chase hoping like heck that he will believe me. I was not ignoring him, it's not my fault my dad took my phone, I would never ignore Chase, I love him so much, doesn't he understand that by now?

Me- Baby dont say that. My dad took my phone away because I was not getting off when he asked me to. I just got it back. They are fixing to leave for work. You can come over before Kim and Sarah get here and we can spend sometime together. Please baby, don't be mad, I'm sorry that you thought I was ignoring you. I love you.

I quickly rub my arm against my face, making sure my parents don't see the tears coming down my face. I don't want them to know that Chase and I are fighting, they like him for me and I don't want them to not think that anymore, all because he has bipolar.

It's not his fault.

I know it.

Even though what he says hurts me just as much as when he hits me when he becomes angry.

I have not sat my phone down for several seconds waiting for my phone to show me that he has seen it but it's not showing me anything and I'm starting to feel my eyes starting to get watery again as I beg for Chase to see it.

Laying my phone down with shaking hands, I slowly pick up my sandwich, bringing it to my mouth, taking a small bite, not wanting my parents to think something is wrong.

"What are you girls doing today? Kim and Sarah are still coming over, right? I would hate for you to start ditching your friends for that boy." My dad asked, setting his own sandwich down looking at me.

That boy?

I thought he liked Chase?

"I'm not ditching them for Chase, dad. They are coming over in a little while to have a sleep over." I tell him fighting the need to roll my eyes, I don't ever plan to ditch my two best friends.

"Leave her alone, honey. Chase seems really good to Raven and she is almost eighteen." My moms hums out as she stands up, starting to put all the dishes into the dishwater.

"I'm not saying he isn't good to her. I'm saying she doesn't need to ditch her friends is all. You both always gang up on me." Dad, huffs out.

"We are not ganging up on you and don't worry, okay? I'm not ditching them but being that I have a boyfriend now, dad, I will be spending time with him on the weekends now too." I tell him, gently. It's time he understands that I am no longer a child and my boyfriend is right. I should be spending more time with him than I have been.

"Im just worried sweetie. I'm your dad. It's my job." He says, softly.

"I know dad, but I'm okay you don't need to worry." I smile up at him and looking down from him to my phone, seeing it flashing with a notification and Chase's name comes up on the screen.

Chase- oh okay baby. It's okay. I'm sorry for the things I said. I was just upset that you were ignoring me. I love you. Let me know when your parents leave and I will come.

Me- I will. I love you too.

Thank goodness.

"Is it okay if Chase comes over for a little bit before the girls? He asked to see me for a little while." I asked my parents before holding in my breath. I dont know if they would allow that.

"No not while we are not home." My dad says sternly.

"But dad yall are never home thats not fair on me!" I cried out. Its really not fair im not trying to have attitude with my parents but they picked to work this much just like Chase said." I'm almost eighteen, dad." I swing my eyes up at my mom. "Mom. Please. We will stay down here, I promise. I will never really see him if he has to wait for yall to be here."

"Raven! We know it's not your fault we work so much and we are very sorry for that but you have never raised your voice at us before. What has gotten into you young lady?" My dad growled, looking at me with a frown on his face.

Its not my fault.

I should not have to pay for it.

"Im sorry dad but your not listening to me. Its not my fault and i love Chase. I should be able to spend more time with him." I said softly. I already told Chase he can come over and I don't want us to have another fight.

"She is right. It's not her fault. He can come over Raven but he is not allowed in your bedroom. Okay?" She looks between me and dad, trying to make us both a little happier about the situation.

"Yes, mom, I promise." I nodded at her before sending a hopful look to my dad, practically begging him with my eyes.

"Fine. If I find out he has been in your room he will not be allowed back unless we are home." My dad says, looking serious.

"I promise." I smile up at him and start to feel a little better, I don't like arguing with my parents, but Chase is right. It's not my fault they work so much.