Chapter 10🖤

"What am I going to say?" I shout to Kim and Sarah in a hushed tone.

I never expected Chase to have my phone number, let alone be texting me right now.

"Ask him how he got your number in the first place," Kim says as she grabs a handful of popcorn.

Me - How did you get my phone number?

After a few seconds, my nerves begin to run rampant through my body, leading me to bite the inside of my lower lip.

Chase - Asked a student who assists the school secretary. It was simple.

I showed Kim and Sarah what he said, and they both squealed loudly, making me cringe because they were sitting next to me while reading the message.

I didn't respond right away; instead, I'm staring at my phone, reading his texts over and over again, ecstatic at the thought of Chase finally contacting me.

I'm over the freaking moon right now.

Chase - You never answered my question gorgeous. Have you found a dress yet?

Me - Yes I did. Blue.

I smiled broadly as I composed the message; I'm attempting to be interested but not overly so, you know? I'm quite sure he knows I like him, but if he doesn't, I don't want to come out as desperate to text him, so I keep my texts to him brief.

Chase - Send me a photo 😍

My heart is screaming through my chest right now, and my hands are shaking, almost causing my phone to fall out of my hands, but Kim immediately picks it up and hands it back to me.

"Relax Rav," she says quietly as I struggle to keep my emotions in check.

Sarah hovers over the phone, her eyes studying the text that triggered my reaction. "Tell him he'll have to wait until tomorrow night. Boys love when a girl acts mysterious. "With a grin on her face, she informs me.

Me - You'll have to wait till your party tomorrow night Chase.

I smile as I reread the text before sending it to make sure I didn't misspell anything because of my anxiousness.

Chase - It's almost 12 a.m., which means it's almost my birthday, so how about giving me an early birthday present by letting me see your dress?🥺

Now the sad eye emoji, ughh my heart can't handle it, I'm so happy he's texting me right now, and I don't want to come across as uninterested in him, because then he'll stop trying and I'll always wonder what if.

But Sarah is correct, a little mystery doesn't hurt when trying to get a boy's attention, and I really want to keep his attention on me. I know that's a bad thing to say, but I've been waiting for this moment for years, thinking it would never come, and it has, and I don't want to ruin it.

I quickly take out the dress and lay it flat on my bed, sighing gently as Kim and Sarah both shake their heads no.

"I'm only taking a picture of a little part of the dress, not the entire thing. Don't panic, girl's. "Once they understand what I'm about to do, I laugh at their matching grins.

Me - Before your party, this is the only thing you'll get to see. Chase, Happy Birthday. 😘

I debate whether or not to include the kissing emoji, but before I lose my cool, I quickly attach a photo of the slit in my dress and hit the send button. I let the phone fall from my hands as I let out a small scream of dread, terrified that he wouldn't text back because I didn't give him what he wanted.

The panicked scream makes Sarah and Kim both jump to grab my phone and read what I sent Chase but the smile on both of thier faces tells me they definitely approve.

Chase - Raven, you'll look beautiful in that color. Just picturing you in that dress is killing me.😳

"Oh shit," Kim laughs as her eyes skim the text fast before Sarah grabs it from her hands to read it as well.

"Just as we have said Kim, Chase is definitely crushing on our girl Raven." Sarah taunts me in a told you so tone, and I can't help but roll my eyes at her. I sense my hopes rising, which will be a disappointment if tomorrow night goes as Macy has planned.