Chapter 16🖤

As soon as we came home, I cooked us all grilled cheese sandwiches and told the girls that we would be eating in my room since I didn't feel like cleaning up any intoxicated messes in the kitchen at that hour of the morning and I didn't want my parents to come home to an unclean house.

So here we are, all crammed onto my queen-sized bed, slathering our faces with melted cheddar cheese. Although neither of them has been ill as of yet, I am well aware that it is on its way and am mentally preparing myself for the sound of puke.

As long as they wait until after I've finished eating, we'll be fine. If they don't and I don't get to enjoy this cheesy goodness, I'll be like grumpy old woman wanting to swing my cane at them.

I wouldn't want to miss out on all of this delicious cheese.

Unfortunately, none of us can handle our alcoholic beverages, therefore whoever manages to stay sober at the next party will be required to do the same thing.

As a result, I have nothing to complain about.

In any case, not much.

The vibration from my phone next to me causes me to set my sandwich down on my plate and pick up my phone instead.

When I receive a text from Chase, the smile that has been plastered on my face all night returns.

Chase - I didn't get a chance to kiss you goodbye before you left😘

Awe.

That's quite sweet.

Me - It's alright, I had my handsful. 😘

Oh.

Perhaps I should have avoided sending that kissing face.

Oh no, it's almost three o'clock in the morning and my nerves are coming back once again.

Chase - Oh, I've earned the kissing emoji🥰

Me - I'm going to make an attempt to corral the animals into sleeping. Talk tomorrow?

Chase - It's definitely going to be tomorrow, baby.

Me - Goodnight.

Chase - Goodnight. You looked really stunning in that dress.

I didn't text him back because I wanted him to think about me, both Kim and Sarah said mystery is good.

My phone was charging when I placed it on my nightstand, and we all settled in to watch an episode of the new Law and Order, namely the one with Elliot, and let me tell you, when he told Oliva that he loved her, the three of us were on the verge of jumping out of my bed!

When we got up the next morning, we were moving around like some sloths, and we didn't get out of my house until approximately 11am. Kim and Sarah's excuse was that they had been drinking, and as a result, they were both suffering from a hangover.

Me? The truth is that I was simply plain exhausted and didn't fall asleep until after these two, my thoughts still focused on Chase and what the day ahead would hold at school.

I had hoped to receive a text message from Chase when I woke up, but he didn't text me at all throughout the day, which was disappointing. As a result of working 12 hours straight that night my parents both stayed asleep all day. Kim and Sarah left to go home a few hours ago.

The fact that I didn't receive a good morning text from him has rekindled my nerves, and I've been biting the inside of my lip so much that it's starting to swell and bleed.

Sarah and Kim assured me that he was most likely sleeping all day and that I need not be concerned, so I tried not to be. I got on my phone and played a game to keep myself entertained.

I'm a major admirer of shows like Criminal Minds and other similar programs. I enjoy viewing documentaries about serial killers and solving crimes, as well as real crime documentaries.

I swear I'm not insane.

It's just that kind of material that interests me.

It wasn't until later that night that I received a goodnight text from Chase, with no explanation as to why he hadn't texted me throughout the day and nothing else but a simple goodnight. There are no emojis, no nothing.

So, I was getting all worked up over Chase yet again, and I decided to just let it go for the night instead of thinking too much and I didn't respond, I set my alarm for school and returned the phone to its charging station, where I immediately returned to simping over Elliott Stabler.