Chapter 34🖤

The next morning I had breakfast with my parents, my mom cooked eggs and sausages and we made little breakfast sandwiches.

"Raven have you been doing your breathing exercises?" My dad had asked, while sipping on his morning coffee.

"Yes, honey, your dad and I noticed your breathing a lot harder the past few days." My mom said right after my daddy, with a worried look on her face.

No.

I actually was forgetting.

Crap, they won't like that.

"Not like I should be, I know I'm sorry I'll make sure I do them. Don't worry." I told them both softly, even though I know both will end up worrying anyway.

That's what parents did best after all.

They both ended up dropping the conversation trusting me to start back doing them and I know I will have too because if not they will notice and send me back to the lung doctor for tests.

They did not have to go into work till tonight so we ended up in the living room watching a TV show called Greys Anatomy. You would think as they are both doctors they would not want to watch a TV about them but that's definitely not the case my mom loves it and my dad tolerates it.

I'm both I like it but I would much rather be watching Law and Order SVU right now and if Oliva and Elliet would just get together my life would feel complete.

You know? I feel like they were just made for each other, not that I'm happy the wife died because I'm not, it's just she isn't Oliva.

When the second episode of the day starts my phone dings on the side of me and I feel my belly getting butterflies because I just know it's my boyfriend, leaning over the arm of the couch I quickly grab my phone seeing that it is indeed Chase.

Smiling, I press on his name to pull up the message.

Chase- Good morning beautiful

Ugh. So cute.

Me- Morning Baby

Chase- How did you sleep?

Me- I slept well. You?

Chase- Good. I just wished I had you in my arms while doing it.

Oh my goodness.

Why does he have to be so freaking sweet.

Me- That would be amazing.

Chase- Maybe your parents will let you come sleep.

I doubt that I'm not eighteen yet and my father would never allow that.

I would be too scared to even ask.

I don't want to start an argument though and say no, not when I know his medicine is not in his system yet and him and I have been having too many arguments already.

So I just want to keep the peace.

Me- Maybe so

Chase- Would not hurt to ask. I love you.

Me- I love you too.

"Raven. Get off the phone and spend time with us honey." My dad's voice cuts through my Chase simping, and I mentally shake myself out of it.

"It's Chase." I mumbled out, hoping he would understand why I'm on the phone while watching TV with them.

"I don't care. It's family time we need as much as we can get with our schedules." My dad says, using his stern voice and I feel bad because he is absolutely right.

"I'll tell Chase, I will talk to him later." I say softly, sending both my parents a sorry smile.

"Good, sweetie. I can't believe they killed off Derek! Ugh." My mom complains loudly, and I really did not care for Derek, he was too cocky for me and did not always do right by Meradith. That's just my opinion and I know a lot of people would disagree with me.

Me- Im watching tv with my parents. I will text you when we are done baby.

Chase- Why cant you talk to me while watching tv with them?

Does he not understand that I like to spend time with my parents when I can? They work so many hours a week that it makes it really hard to have family time so I totally understand why my dad told me to get off the phone.

Me- I could but my parents want to spend time with me and not while I'm staying on my phone.

Chase- Its not your fault they choose to work all those hours! I would like to be able to talk to my own girlfriend but forget it. I see I'm not that important you.

Oh my god.

How can he even think that?

He is very important to me but so are my parents but Chase is right about one thing its not my fault they picked to work all these hours and the night shift.

Me- Thats not true! Chase baby you are important to me but I need to spend time with my parents right now.

Chase- Yeah your parents now and then your friends later. You dont have time for me so I dont even know why we are even dating!

"Raven. Off the phone." My dad grunts out starting to get annoyed I had better listen before he takes my phone away.

Me- Chase stop. Your meds are not in your system. Try to relax. You are important to me. I love you so much.

Chase- Apparently you dont love me.

Ugh. He is not going to stop.

Me- I do! Please dont say that. You mean so much to me.

Chase- I don't feel like I do Raven. I'm your boyfriend, I should be important to you.

Me- You are!

Chase- Yeah. Whatever Raven.

Fuck.

Before I get the chance to text him back anything and I feel and watch as my phone slides slowly out of my hands and my dad's fingers gribbing it.

"Dad!" I cried out panic crawling up my throat at the thought, of Chase thinking I'm ignoring him.

"I told you twice. You can have it back when we are done. I don't know what's gotten into you. Family time used to be important to you." He said before tossing my phone on the side table next to him and I hear my phone going off again, and I just know it's Chase.

"It's not my fault you and mom work so much, dad." I said, too low for him to hear me before leaning back against the back of the couch with a huff.

"What was that?" He asked, raising one of his bushy eyebrows.

Shit.

I never talk back to my parents and I need to stop before my dad keeps my phone because of my attitude he would give it back before they left for work but that won't be till this after noon.

"Nothing. I was talking about the show dad." I said softly, as I pulled the blanket down off the couch and onto my lap trying to keep my stomach from rolling around with nerves.

My phone dings again next to my father and I have to fight with myself not to jump up and check it because I know that it is Chase and I know he will not be happy.

He is going to think I am ignoring him.