Chapter 23🖤

A few hours later the bell rings in my last class and the people in the class room doesn't even let the bell finish ringing before they are all rushing out of here.

"Don't forget yalls homework! Study pages 78-81 tonight! I don't want to hear any complaints when I throw a pop quiz at you!" Miss Hagle shouts at the students retreating backs.

Shaking my head at them I slowly pack my stuff into my bag after I wrote myself a little note on which chapters to read tonight. I'm definitely not in a hurry I'm here till later this evening which reminds me I need to send my parents a message letting them know I will be home a little late tonight.

I hope they won't mind, they don't usually push curfews on me as I have never gave them a reason to do such a thing.

I'm always home by 5pm, no matter what I do after school and I always have my homework done without them having to double check, they used to of course until they learned they didn't have a reason too.

I wanted good grades.

I want to be just like my parents and study medicine, my mother and father help so many people that, I knew from a young age I wanted to follow in thier footsteps.

I mean I also wanted to work with my grandmother but after she passed away well that changed of course now I put everything I have into my studies.

After I pack up my book sack I pull out my phone now unafraid of a teacher taking it as school is over for the day and I shoot my parents a quick text in our family group chat.

Me- I will be home a little late tonight but I promise I won't stay out too late.

I press send and wait for thier reply as I start to walk out the classroom. I know I told Chase I would be there on time but I have to at least tell my friends where I'm going.

I can't just not show up to the car after school, I know them. They wouldn't leave without checking on me being they are my ride home right now.

My phone dings in my hand and I bring my phone up and see it's either a message from my mom or dad. The chat doesn't say which it just says Family but one swipe and I see it's from my mother.

Mother- What's the plan? What are yall doing? What time will you be home?

Then right after I get another message this time from my father.

Father- It's a school night Raven.

Shoot, they have gave me my freedom for years and now they going to start with this. I have to watch Chase practice, I need to be a good girlfriend but I can't tell my parents that. They don't know I have a boyfriend and I really don't want to tell them about this situation over a text.

That's just rude, and my parents deserve more than that but I also feel bad because they definitely do not deserve me lying to them. They probably think im going to be with Kim and Sarah but I'm not.

I will be with my boyfriend.

Again that's not something I want to discuss over a text so that little thing will have to wait until I can catch them at home.

I decided to not lie outright just not exactly say the full truth.

That's not really a lie is it?

No. I don't think so.

Me- Kim and Sarah want to stay and watch the football game. I'm not sure how late it will last but as soon as it's over I will be home I promise.

That wasn't so bad.

Maybe I can turn this around and actually have Sarah and Kim join me and watch the boys practice, that way I'm not actually lying to my parents.

Hopefully they join.

Father- Football? Since when are you and your friends interested in watching that?

My father just like any good father is protective of me, and of course he is going to ask all these questions.

What do I even say to this?

As I said, I don't want to tell them I have a boyfriend just yet not until I know how me and Chase will hold.

Just as I'm thinking of what to say my mother sends a text and saves the day.

I love her.

Mother- oh dear, let them be. They are young girls let them have some fun and join in on the school spirit.

I let out a loud sigh as I walk through the front doors heading outside I see Sarah and Kim waiting by the car.

Father- I was just asking honey. Okay Raven you can stay but remember school night.

Thank heavens for my mother.

Me- of course! Love yall💞💞💞💞💞

They both send I love yous back as I walk up to the car and hear Sarah and Kim bitching about Macy.

Oh lord.