Chapter 15🖤

The party ended around 1 a.m. and everyone was either worried about their parents finding out or ready to crash because they had gotten too drunk.

Fortunately, my mind was on Chase the entire night, and he only brought me water or coke to drink because he said he didn't want me drunk so we could talk so I wasn't drunk.

Like at all.

Which I thought was really cute.

Having his undivided attention was incredible.

That's exactly what I had.

His focus was on me the entire night.

Macy would shoot me glares from across the room, she did not leave like Chase told her and she had been makeing faces of disgust but I never looked back; I was on cloud Chase, and nothing could bring me down tonight, not even the rest of the curious looks from the people around us.

Kim and Sarah were both smashed when I had caught up with them telling them it was time to go home. My parents would be home around 5am and I wanted to be home way before that because I know I'll have to help these two before bed, would have been more fun If I was drunk myself but we 3 have a rule, one has to always stay sober.

Kim had came over and asked what I was drinking that was her way of knowing if she was allowed to drink or not, once I told her it was coke she got all excited and went join Sarah on the dance floor with a red cup in her hand.

It took me about 25 minutes to finally get them both in Kims car, Sarah was working hard on getting some college dudes number and Kim wanted to beat a girls ass for bumping into her.

Yeah.

It was definitely time to go before we all got embarrassed at Chases house.

That wasn't going to happen.

Heck no.

I did what I had to do and clamped my hands on both of their arms and practically dragged them out of the house, leaving a laughing Chase behind.

He thought they were amusing.

On a typical night, I would too.

But this was no ordinary night.

Chase saw me for the first time that night.

I mean really SAW me.

Nothing, not even my two drunk but amazing friends, was going to ruin that for me.

"I wanted that dude's number, Rav," Sarah mumbled in the back seat, and Kim mumbled under her breath, still wanting to go teach that girl some manners.

"What was the name of the guy, Sarah?" I asked her, as I started the car. "Put on your seat belts, I don't want you hanging out the sun roof tonight."

"We saw you and Chase," Kim chuckled.

"I don't know what his name is; the whole point of getting his number was to find out." Sarah crossed her arms over her chest, and pouted.

Oh, my goodness.

Please help me.

My two best friends were wacked.

"Yes, me and Chase had a goodnight and you getting into a fight Kim wasn't going to work for me" I scolded her as I started to back the car up.

A part of me wishes Chase would have kissed me goodnight but I guess I had my hands full. The perks of being a loyal friend, I guess.

"What? I was not going to fight. I was just going to teach her to say sorry is all" Now Kim's pouting.

Two 17-year-olds pouting in the backseat yeah, that parts laughable and I can't keep a serious face any longer, I let out a loud giggle.

They giggle right back with me, probably not even knowing what I'm giggling about.

"Tonight was amazing, girls. Thank you for pushing me to come. I would definitely have regretted not coming." I tell them both sincerely.

"That's what best friends are for" Kim mumbled, but wearing a smirk on her face.

"Listen to us, more often. I'm always right" Sarah complements herself making me roll my eyes.

"Yeah, yeah. When we get home, I'll make us all some grilled cheese. That's my thank you" I sassed them.

That was our tradition after a party, having grilled cheese sandwiches. Something about melting cheese is just yummy after a night out.