Chapter 46🖤

Several weeks have passed since I was released from the hospital, I have stuck to my guns and tried my best to not take Chase back even though he is definitely not making it easy on me.

He blows up my phone every night begging for me to take him back, even going as far as sending me videos of him putting his pill into his mouth, swallowing then before opening my mouth wide to show me that he is indeed taking his medicine every night.

I have been focusing back on my school work and my grades have improved tremendously, I'm just appreciative none of my teachers have called my parents concerning my grades. I mean when I say they were slacking I'm really not talking about D and F, I just mean B and C so it's not like my grades got dreadful. It was just not my greatest.

When I went back to school the following week Kim kept her watchful eyes on me, never leaving me alone, and if she even got one eye on Chase she practically pulled me away making positive he would not talk to him. I feel bad for lying she asked me the other day if I was still leaving Chase alone and I lied, telling her yes because I did not want her to get upset and tell my parents.

I told Chase that for right now until he proves to me that he will stay on his medicine, that it was best if we stay friends for now, surprisingly he took that well and we talk every night on the phone, him telling me what it's been like for him while growing up being bipolar. He told me that his parents are never home and that without me he would feel so alone.

My parents have not allowed me to do anything the past few weeks, sticking to their words and keeping me grounded. They didn't even let Kim and Sarah come over for our weekly sleep overs but I do understand even though they grounded me over a lie it wasn't a full lie, I still chose to get in the truck with Chase knowing full well that he has been drinking.

My body is now healed, everything feels so much better that nothing is hurting me. My head was actually split open that night from falling onto a rock, they had to shave a spot on the back of my head in order to stitch it up.

My shoulder from Chase jerking his body away, causing me to fall into the door frame, is now healed. The bruises on my face from his slaps and punches have now also faded and completely healed and I no longer need to wear scarfs or pullovers to hide his finger marks around my neck.

I also have been eating way more, I did not notice but according to the hospital scale I had lost several pounds, I don't know if it was because I was not eating enough or if it was because of all the stress my body was going through. My mother even went as far as to ask me point blank if I thought I was fat, she was asking me if I was forcing myself to throw up.

I told her hell no I did not think I was fat, I mean I have always been a little thicker but I wouldn't say I was fat but she practically made me prove it to her. After we would eat a meal she would make me stay down stairs to make sure I was not going to force my food to come back up.

It's not like I could actually tell her the damn truth and that being my boyfriend, well ex boyfriend is bipolar and he has been taking his issues back on me. I had finally got my car back but its staying parked in the garage, my father told me that I was grounded from driving that too by telling me I am not a responsible driver and until I learn to be I would not be getting it back.

To be honest Kim was probably happy about that, that children's story my grandma used to tell me came into my head. Better to watch you. I love Kim, I love Sarah too, I love them both so much and I completely understand why Kim has been acting this way and I would be lying if I said if the roles were reversed that I would not be acting the same because I know I would.

Chase has fussed a few times about Kim over the past few weeks, he is not very happy with her keeping me away from him while at school and definitely makes his displeasure known. I told him the other day to just please drop it, she was only being a good friend to me and he shocked me again by dropping it and never bringing it back up.

Maybe he really is changing.

I hope so, at least, I do miss him. I miss how our relationship was in the beginning. I was so happy to finally have the boy that I have been in love with for years with me. I felt like everything was going well for me. I had perfect grades, great and loving parents and two amazing best friends. My senior year started off amazing when I finally got with the boy of my dreams, sadly that dream turned into a lot of complications.

Chase has been coming over at night or after school when my parents are away at work and we have just been hanging out as friends, we watch TV together and I have been forcing him to watch Law and Order SVU with me. He even listens when I complain about Oliva and Elliot not getting together. The first night he had tried to kiss me as we stood on my front porch but I softly and gently reminded him that until he shows me that he changed we had to stay friends and he even understood that.

Maybe he was changing after all.

I hope so.

I keep me and Chase's friendship from Kim, not because I want to keep things from her but because I just don't want her to tell my parents. I tried to leave Chase alone at first, thinking that both him and I needed some time apart but how could I really leave him alone knowing how much I have been helping him?

Sarah was so puzzled about me and Chase that I had to tell her that we had broken up one day while we were having tacos for lunch in the cafeteria. Kim seemed to want to say something about it, so I immediately shut her off and informed Sarah that Chase and I are just friends.

I told to her that I needed to get back on track with my grades, and she believed me without hesitation since she knows how seriously I take my grades. She was simply disappointed that things had not worked out because she knew how much I adored Chase.