Chapter 40🖤

It's the day before Halloween and it's definitely starting to get chilly, good thing because I keep having to wear a pullover in order to hide my throat from everyone and let me tell you it's been hot as hell in some of the class rooms, I was having to apply deodorant several times through out the day to make sure I was not starting to stink.

When Chase seen me at school that Monday after what happened outside my house that night he pulled me into his arms, shoved his face into my hoodie and kissed around my neck softly while whispering how sorry he was that he did that to me and promised that it would never happen again and that he was making sure to take his medicine everynight.

Which made me extremely happy. His medicine should be getting back into his system again, hopefully. I can't keep up with all these lies and I can't keep making sure I'm always hiding the marks he leaves on me.

We are all sitting down in the cafeteria for lunch, Chase, me, Kim, Sarah and his two friends Mark and Brad discussing the Halloween party Marks throwing tomorrow night. It's a customs party. Obviously, it's on Halloween night.

"What are yall girls going to be for Halloween?" Mark asked while chewing up a bite of pizza, he had just shoved into his mouth.

"We are all going as Detectives." Sarah giggled out, looking way too happy at the idea. Probably because we are all obsessed with SVU. "We are going after school today, to get our outfits."

"You did not tell me, you were going to match with them. You don't want to match with me, Raven?" Chase asked, hurt, flashing over his face and his hand on my thigh is now squeezing and digging his finger nails into my skin.

"We do this every year, Chase." Kim grinds out, shooting him an annoyed look.

Oh no.

"Well, Raven was not dating me the other years, Kim. She and I are together and usually boyfriends and girlfriends match for Halloween but whatever." He grunted out seeming to drop the subject but doesn't loosen his hand on my leg, so I jerk it towards me until I feel his hand slipping away.

"Maybe you should have asked her before, waiting till the last minute." Sarah grumbled out before, sighing in annoyment tossing her now half eaten pizza down onto her tray.

Fucking hell.

Can't they all just stop.

"Guys stop." I say softly, laying my own pizza down and hoping they all just listen to me.

"I did not think I had to ask my own fucking girlfriend to match with me, Sarah." Chase growled out before standing up, grabbing his booksack off the floor and walked away.

God damn it.

He has been trying really hard to stay on his medicine and my friends are not helping the damn situation.

"Nice. Thank yall. You could at least act like yall can stand him." I sighed loudly as I shoved my tray away from me, stood up from the table and grabbed my bood sack.

I need to go check on Chase and make sure she is okay.

"What? Rave, he was acting like an asshole." Kim said her face was full of confusion as to why I am upset.

"He wanted to match with me, Kim. You and Sarah should at least understand that." I grind out, before walking away.

"Raven! We are sorry!" Sarah screams out, but I don't look back.

I have to go find Chase and the only place I know he goes after lunch time is the weight room near the football field.

Several minutes and a freaking puff of my inhalor later I'm pushing my way into the weight room and seeing Chase is laying down on a bench, lifting the weight up and down and I watch as his muscles budge out from the strain.

"Chase I'm sorry about that-" I started to apologize but the words stop as I watch him put them weights back into place, sitting up and staring hard at me.

"You don't love me, Raven, if you did, you would never allow your friends to speak to me like that!" He snapped, standing up going towards the bench in the cover of the room whipping his sweaty arms and chest off.

"Chase i do love you baby. I fussed at them for how they talked to you before i came to find you." I told him softly walking up beind him wrapping my arms around him and placing my head against his back.

"Why not defend me before i walked away then? You just say there while they both jumped on me." He snarled and jerked out of my hold, turning around and narrowing his eyes on my face.

"I did! You walked away before i even had a chance Chase! I did not even understand why yall was fighting in the first place." I cried out rasing my arms up trying to pull him towards me so that i can hug him.

"You fucking always take thier side Raven and im sick of it. Your my girlfriend your supposed to defend me!" He snarls out taking a step closer to me causeing me to a step back.

"Chase have you still been taking your meds baby? Maybe we can just tell Kim and Sarah that you have bipolar? Im sure they would under-" I rushed out trying to make sure he has been taking the medicine like his been telling me but he raises his arm and punches me acorss my face so hard i fall down onto my knees, crying out from the pain i cup my cheek with both hands staring up at him in shock.

He said he would not hurt me again.

"Chase you p-romised!" I cried out holding onto my cheek and feeling and tasting a warm salty taste swirling around in my mouth.

Blood.

My mouths bleeding.

"I cant believe you want to actually tell your best friends that im bipolar. So what? For them to spread that shit and people start to laugh and make fun of me?" He growled out stepping up against my body standing over me.

"No! I was just saying we could maybe tell them so that they understand you better Chase!" I cried out feeling the tears and blood mixing together on my face and in side my mouth.

I cant believe he did this to me again.

"Raven?" I heard Kim and Sarah calling out my name, i slowly push my legs up on shaking legs and stare at Chase.

"We are done. You cant keep on hu-hurting me like this Chase. Im breaking up with you. Leave me alone until you can stay on your medicine." I said softly feeling my heart breaking as each words leaves my mouth.

Hopefully he loves me enough to get back on and stay on them for us, im breaking up with him in the hopes that he will take me seriously and get back on his medicine before he really does hurt me with his anger.

"Get back on your medicine Chase.  Dont worry if they ask what happened i will come up with a lie again." I said softly before walking out the of weight room.

"Raven baby please im sorr-" I slammed the door shut behind me cutting off whatever Chase was about to say.

"Oh my god Raven! What happened to your face?" Kim asked as she rushed towards me, pulling my hands down and stares at my face in horror. "What the fuck!"

"Raven! That's bad. What the fuck happened?" Sarah rushed out as she slowly scanned her eyes over my busted lip, and probably bruised cheek.

"It's no-nothing. I was li-lifting weights with Chase. I di-didnt listen to what he said and it fell on me." I tell them softly and slowly, pain shooting across my face each time I move my lips.

"Where is he?" Kim snapped raising her head up, narrowing on the door I just slammed.

"He went for a shower. He didn't see it. I just want to go to the nurse and get some ice. Please?" I begged them, I just want to get this day over with and lay in bed. My body is all hurting right now.

My shoulder.

My lip.

My cheek.

My neck.

Something had to give with Chase and I, I just hope he gets back on his medicine for me, breaking up with him was the only thing I could think of to get him back on it.

"Come on, Rave."Kim murmuries softly, as her and Sarah both wrap an arm around me and walk me to the nurse station.