Chapter 5🖤

It's now lunchtime, we are standing in the cafeteria line waiting to get our food trays, while Sarah and Kim will not stop talking about Chase asking if I was going to his party. They are practically buzzing inside their bodies and it's making me nervous as shit. I'm not exactly the party time of girl, I would have much rathered stayed at my house or one of theirs and watched some movies.

"We for sure need to go shopping after school, we need to make sure Raven looks fantastic before going to Chase's party," Kim murmured beside Sarah and me.

"We need to find her a sexy dress that will leave Chase no other choice but to talk to her again." Sarah giggles softly while looking around making sure no one around us could hear our conversation.

"Blue looks good on her-" Kim says.

"No Red. It brings out her tan" Sarah considered with a thoughtful look on her face.

"We will have to see what we can find then" Kim drops the color of my future party dress as she picks up her tray of food.

We are having hamburgers today, and I'm not sure if I will be able to stomach eating anything at the moment. My stomach is feeling like I have actual butterflies inside it, and I keep replaying Chase saying my name inside my head.

The way he said it or maybe it's my imagination but good lord it was hot.

A few moments later, we all have our food trays and walk towards the table we sit at every day and take our seats. I try pushing the butterflies out of my stomach and take a small bite from my hamburger.

"Leave Chase alone" Macy comes walking up to our table placing one hand on it leaning forward and keeping her voice low, probably so she isn't overheard by the other students sitting around us.

"Excuse me?" Kim looks up with an annoyed look still holding her hamburger to her mouth.

"I wasn't speaking to you Kim" Macy snaps and I swear I see her teeth pulled back in a snarl-like look. Goodness.

"Well next time maybe you should clarify before walking up to our table running those overpainted lips Macy" Sarah snaps but places her hands under her chin and sends her a sarcastic smile, looking like she is having a friendly conversation with Macy.

"How dare you- you know what, you're not worth my time right now. Raven I'm warning you to stay away from Chase" Macy turns to the side giving both Kim and Sarah her back while looking down at me.

"I wasn't aware I was bothering him, Macy?" I question her and I'm pretty sure I have a confused look on my face right now because it's the truth.

I don't even speak to Chase, as long as we are not counting the few words we had spoken in class this morning.

"Stop playing dumb" she finally loses her cool and screeches out loud causing some students to turn their attention to our table.

"Macy. We are trying to have our lunch before our next class so if you have anything interesting to say then please just spit it out so we can have our lunch in peace" I lose my cool too, my emotions are all over the place right now and I don't want to be putting up with Miss freaking queen bee.

"Don't show up at Chase's tomorrow night" she snarls out and I see a bit of her spit fly out onto the table. That's nasty.

"It's a party, Macy! Everyone's invited. Per the group message, we all received this morning" grumbles Kim while placing her hamburger down on her food tray.

"Chase will be mine. I don't need another girl sniffing around him hoping he gives her a bit of attention." Macy turns her cold eyes onto Kim while taking her hand away from the table and placing them over her hips.

Hearing that suddenly makes all the butterflies that were once flying around in my stomach disappear and I feel dumb.

What would honestly make me believe that Chase wanted me, he could have any girl in this school and probably some out of school.

"If you and Chase want to be together Macy then go ahead. I'm not sure why you felt the need to come to tell me to stay away" I sigh out loud making it seem like I'm annoyed and that what she said doesn't mean anything to me.

"I'm warning you. Don't go to Chase's tomorrow" she grunts before walking away taking her two friends right along with her.

"Well looks like we going back to watching horror movies on Saturday night," I say trying to make my tone sound light and not bothered.

"Forget that crap. We are going" Kim says with a grump of her own before she picks up a French fry practically bathing it in ketchup.

"I don't want all that drama, I don't feel like fighting with Macy over a guy I will never win" I whine knowing full well I'm sounding very pathetic right now.

"You don't get it, do you? Macy would have never came over here if she didn't feel a little threatened by you" Sarah leans towards me and whispers softly.

"Threatened? Of what? She is the head cheerleader, the most popular girl in this school. She doesn't feel threatened by me" I can't help but let a laugh escape from my hamburger-filled mouth after taking a bite, and I wince when I see a few pieces of the patty fly out my mouth.

I hope nobody seen that, that would be embarrassing.

"It's true. She tried coming over here to intimidate you and we not going to let it work" Kim tells me forcibly.

"We are not?" I ask quietly not sure if I heard her correctly or not.

"Hell no" snaps Sarah " We are not."